2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 Dodge Avenger p2017 Diag

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:17 AM
PISTURI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2008 Dodge Avenger p2017 Diag

DISCUSTED!!! and a heads up for you avenger owners Well here it is I had the check my engine light come on to make a long story short IT has TO GO TO THE DEALER! P2017!!! There was a problem with the SRV !! Short run WHAT EVER! THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM ON high failure on these cars from what I have read>!! They had to REPLACE THE MANIFOLD!! and reflash the computer!! at over 800.00!! THEY SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR 500.00 of it!!! I am writing a letter to Chrysler THIS MANIFOLD has problems!! !!! SHOULD BE COVERED UNDER THE EMISSIONS WARRANTY!!! to 60/70000 I have 53000 on the car I can see if it had 100,000 I like it, its been good but this kind problem concerns me I have never had this with any vehicle I have ever owned
Hepl!! if there is anyone else out there with this or had this problem ?? pisturi@aol.com
Fred

Old 01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
PISTURI
Default p2017 SRV Short Run Valve

2008 Avenger: Just some Info! I started to see the check engine light for about 3 month on and off then finally stayed on I had it scanned but diag did not show up on one of those scanners, but cleared the light . THE CAR RUNS OK!! Light light off for awhile then back on. Went to dodge said we have to scan it with their EQUIPMENT at a cost of 135.00 . I then had it put on a smog tester at a test station THE p 2017 then showed up clear as a bell on the machine they told me is part emmissions and this would NOT PASS SMOG test ! car still runs great no miss fuel econ ok but light on!! seemed ok to drive
It is now at the dealership being repaired on the 2.4 the whole manifold has to be replaced I guess the runners are insde the manifold? and can not be repaired ? and computer reflash. anyway it is going to cost me over 800.00 The dealership has been great!! but said its not under warranty but this aint CHEAP guys I like the car but I will be writing/ talking to Chrysler and following UP . I definity want an explanation from chrysler on this one. Are Manifold failures part of emmissions this should be covered? 5 yr 60,000 mi emmissions warranty?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:43 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have heard of a few Calibers with the same problem. 05-up Mustangs have similar issues.
The technology has been around since the 90's I think. It is a set of flaps that restricts or redirects the intake air to increase velocity for better low end torque, then usually around 3500rpm, they open up to increase airflow and make more higher rpm horsepower. It's a good design that has even been added to the Hemi engines in the 09 Ram trucks. Unfortunately, the large, plastic intake manifolds can be pricey when they need replaced.
Hopefully Chrysler will work with you on the price. Good luck.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:31 PM
guapoman2000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There is a Service Tech Bulletin!

Originally Posted by PISTURI
DISCUSTED!!! and a heads up for you avenger owners Well here it is I had the check my engine light come on to make a long story short IT has TO GO TO THE DEALER! P2017!!! There was a problem with the SRV !! Short run WHAT EVER! THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM ON high failure on these cars from what I have read>!! They had to REPLACE THE MANIFOLD!! and reflash the computer!! at over 800.00!! THEY SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR 500.00 of it!!! I am writing a letter to Chrysler THIS MANIFOLD has problems!! !!! SHOULD BE COVERED UNDER THE EMISSIONS WARRANTY!!! to 60/70000 I have 53000 on the car I can see if it had 100,000 I like it, its been good but this kind problem concerns me I have never had this with any vehicle I have ever owned
Hepl!! if there is anyone else out there with this or had this problem ?? pisturi@aol.com
Fred
Fred,

Go to:
http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/3t5p...e-avenger.html

Hope this helps!

Carlos

Old 04-23-2011, 06:55 PM
ObeTwo

My daughter's car just kicked out the same code, P2017. Exact reading was this: P2017 Intake Manif Runner Pos Sens/Switch Circ Hi Bank1
Taking it to the dealer on Monday to see if it is covered under their MasterTech Ultra warranty. From everything I have read, they will need to replace the intake manifold and flash the computer. I will try and let everyone know how it goes. Have had problems with this thing, ever since we bought it. Will post as soon as I know something.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:02 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I just replaced the an intake manifold on a jeep compass with a P2017 and P2004 codes. And a transmission cooler because of P0218 code high temp. Everything was done under warranty. Its 2009 with 2.0 VVT and a CVT2 transmission.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:24 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Moved to correct forum.
The intake is not technically part of the emission system. This isn't the first time that I have read about this issue.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM
comeonnow723
Default P2017 and P2004 covered under warranty

Soo.... My check engine light came on the other day and after reading through this forum I was really nervous. I immediately called the dealership. To my surprise, my intake manifold and gaskets were all covered under the lifetime power train warranty. If your the original owner and you still have a lifetime power train warranty your safe! I am surprised that dodge has not done a recall though!

Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 AM
mark.mcknight_32
Default P2017

Hey Gents,

I am a normal average Joe do-it-yourself mechanic. I'm good with working with my hands and understanding concepts of mechanics. I owned my Dodge Avenger 2008 since 2010 already had some miliage on it, about 70,000. It is a very troublesome vehical, since i have changed my transmission, alternator, and many smaller parts around the car. So about 3 months back my check engine light came on and then went off, i didn;t think much of it because it is running just fine. i just passed 100k miles and the light has stayed on. I got a free dignostics from Autozone and they gave me a p2017 code. they said it had low fuel pressure it could either be a fuel pump, fuel injectors, or electrical connection. i looked up the code and everyone dodge avenger owner says it was the intake manifold and they had to take it to the delaership. after learning more i became very discouraged to say the least, many people were saying it was $800 fix and i did not have that money to blow espeically when the care was running just fine. i had a friend with a diagnotics reader come over and try and delete the code to see what happens and it immediatly comes back. so after some investigation i decided to change the runner intake flow control valve actuator a small piece right next to the air filter. I realized it could be an issue because i turned the key to the ON position and i can year a faint buzzing noise coming form it. and i seen a youtube video about this replacement part. i then disconnected the electrical plug and it stopped. So after going to the Autozone, O'Riley;s and NAPA they all wanted on average $130 for the part and they had to ship it to the store. I found the exact piece at RockAuto.com for $75 shipping INCLUDED got to my home in like 3 business days. took about 5 mins to change out the three bolts. However the light did not go away, i took it back to autozone and it till read the same code. after that i was discouraged because i would have to take it to the dealership. But i drove to work about 25 miles the light went away. the drive cycle may have reset. i recently fixed it about two weeks now, no light and still running fine. overall cost 75 bucks a few head aches and grey hairs but saved money. i thought i would share this because when looking up this code P2017 everyone takes the ladder and takes it to the dealership. something like this would have been very useful. Below is the link to RockAuto, and the youtube video of the Runner Control Valve. good luck gents! I am also a U.S. Marine i am a working joe, and i hope this helps the next joe that is dealing with this problem, SEMPER FI!

Video

http://www.rockauto.com/

Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 AM
guapoman2000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Guapo

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Avenger p2017 Diag