2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

VIN number and engine number

Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Mollybairn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN number and engine number

Hi,
I am new to the forum and sadly live in Australia....however was wondering if someone could advise me on the following....
I have bought a 2009 Dodge Avenger from another state and due to the laws here it must be unregistered to move interstate (no tax, no plates)
To get the vehicle re-registered it has to obtain a "blue slip" which is a comprehensive check.
This was completed yesterday and the car, mechanically anyway, passed with flying colours.
However....part of the "blue slip" inspection involves the mechanic sighted and verifying the engine number, but due to it location he could not physically read all of the engine number on the block and I now have to go to the RTA (Dept of trans) to have a "verification check"
My question is the paperwork I received with the car, from the dealer I bought it from, and in the log books show the engine number as BN27**** which are the last digits of the VIN number - but from what I can see of what is visible of the engine number there is no correlation between the VIN and the engine number - I have done all necessary checks - there doesnt seem anything dodgy (ha ha) with the car - one lady owner - full service history etc.
I have googled and cannot seem to find anything advising of the format of the engine number on these cars.
Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers and thanks
Mollybairn

Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

try a car club for that model. or a factory dealer. why do you have to find the number? if thy want the no let them find it.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Mollybairn

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
We have located the engine number no problem, but what I was really asking (I know my original post was long winded - sorry) was - does anyone know if the Engine number on a dodge avenger is the same as the last 8 or so digits of the VIN number?

Cheers again
Mollybairn

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VIN number and engine number