Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Avenger > 2008 - Current Dodge Avenger
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2011 avenger A/C help!

Old 07-18-2013, 02:38 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2011 avenger A/C help!

I really need help. I have a 2011 avenger I bought in January used. It now has 43K miles on it and is outside the warranty. Last week my AC went out and is making a weird tapping sound. Pepboys did a free A/C check and said my compressor is not engaging. But I don't think they checked very hard. It sounds like something is loose and is tapping. Sometimes it is louder than others. Any thoughts before I go shelling our the big bucks
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmidodge View Post
I really need help. I have a 2011 avenger I bought in January used. It now has 43K miles on it and is outside the warranty. Last week my AC went out and is making a weird tapping sound. Pepboys did a free A/C check and said my compressor is not engaging. But I don't think they checked very hard. It sounds like something is loose and is tapping. Sometimes it is louder than others. Any thoughts before I go shelling our the big bucks
If you turn the AC on you should be able to see if the AC clutch turns off and on. Did they check the Freon level too. Did they test the system for leaks at all?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Garage is empty, add now

hey Tony, the compressor on these models are(or look like) they are always engaged.there is an electric valve switch on the back of the compressor that when engaged send the freon into action. i took one apart and cleaned the "reed" valves. if your is making noise it's probley the pump. and they are pricey$$$ and do NOT run this system under vacuum!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM

Tags
2011, a/c, avenger