2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

My 2010 Avenger R/T has SXT rear disc brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:16 AM
morser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2010 Avenger R/T has SXT rear disc brakes?

Hello,
When I originally went to get my 2010 Avenger R/T at Tilbury Chrysler east of Windsor Ontario, the car had SXT mirrors and was missing one other feature that was listed an R/T should have; low washer fluid warning. The mirrors were replaced, and I was compensated for the missing low washer fluid warning.

Fast forward to this year, I decided to purchase a powerstop brake kit from AutoAnything.com after seeing a link to their product on this forum.
At the time they did not spec out the rear brake disc size but now they have two size options to choose from before ordering.

When my product arrived, the front discs fit no problem, but the rears did not.
The size of my stock rear disc is 169.0
Min thk 8.4 mm. Max dia 169.0 mm. 515aa. 63909L

At first I thought I got the wrong parts, but AutoAnything checked my car specs and asked for my VIN. They researched and found that my car has the wrong rear disc brakes.

Since one set fit on the front they are now on. However the two disc brakes leftover are larger than the fronts, which leads me to believe that the new disc brakes destined for the back actually fit on the front of my stock vehicle.

My dealership in Tilbury has not helped me. The service manager stated that items like this should be sorted out before the car leaves the lot. But I would never have thought to check out the size of the discs. I wish I did.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I feel like I paid for an R/T but got an SXT that had some parts swapped out to make it look R/T.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:15 AM
fhadso
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would address the issue with Dodge. It seems all of your information is on file, and you had issues before.

Do you still have the warranty?

Quick Reply: My 2010 Avenger R/T has SXT rear disc brakes?