2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Removing the door panel on an '08

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 PM
WorkerB283
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Removing the door panel on an '08

I'm trying to open up the door panel on my '08 avenger so I can put the window back on track. Every video or web page I've seen is saying I need to remove screws/tabs on the door, but there is no screws or tabs on the door. The only thing I'm seeing is a small gap in between the plastic cover and the metal frame where it looks like I can fit a pry bar into and pull it off, but I don't want to mess anything up if that's not the case. Has anyone else removed their door panel and if so please help. This is really driving me crazy!

Old 07-26-2014, 10:58 AM
SHEEPDOG504
Default 2010 door panel

I have a 2010 avenger and if I'm thinking right it's the same body style as your car. If so there should be a screw in the cubby hole where your window and mirror buttons are. There is a little hard plastic flap that you'd have to pop up with a small flat head screw driver, under that flap should be a small torx screw (I think the size is a T15). After that there's a plastic cover right over where your side mirror is mounted that will pop off pretty easily. There might also be a small plastic flap with another torx bit right behind the inside door handle. If that's all correct then the door panel should slide up and out. When I did this for my car I had a lot or resistance which scared me from taking the door panel off all the way, so I can't guarantee that this would be the right way. I hope this helps

Old 08-05-2014, 04:13 PM
TJCampbell

Originally Posted by WorkerB283
I'm trying to open up the door panel on my '08 avenger so I can put the window back on track. Every video or web page I've seen is saying I need to remove screws/tabs on the door, but there is no screws or tabs on the door. The only thing I'm seeing is a small gap in between the plastic cover and the metal frame where it looks like I can fit a pry bar into and pull it off, but I don't want to mess anything up if that's not the case. Has anyone else removed their door panel and if so please help. This is really driving me crazy!
I have my ('08 SXT) door panel currently off, as my driver's side regulator is broken (the little clip that attaches the window to the arm is broken). It was quite easy to take off. There is a screw under a little flap in the handle part that has to be removed. I think there is one more as well. After that, just use a putty knife (may not even need that) and gently pull the panel off, it pops off pretty easily. Once that is done, there are a lot of screws to remove to get at the window, and things to unplug, but it is pretty straight forward.

Quick Reply: Removing the door panel on an '08