2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

A/C leak into passenger floor carpet

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:05 PM
TJCampbell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C leak into passenger floor carpet

I have a 2008 Avenger SXT, flex fuel 2.7L engine...

When I run my a/c it works fine, however, there is lots of water that accumulates on the passenger floor carpet. I can see it dripping when I pull back the corner of the carpet that is right below the glove box. The carpet is actually soaked!

I had it in for an oil change and the tech looked at the drain and said it was clear. I would attempt to look myself, but I have a hard time locating it.

Anyway... here is something else that may help any of the experts on here diagnose the issue...

As I said, it drips onto the floor quite a bit, so much so that the carpet is drenched sometimes.

When driving, if I turn left, there is a quite loud sound, which I would say almost sounds like sizzling. Maybe some water is splashing on a hot part of the engine? This sound is on the right (passenger) side. Only hear it when turning Left.

Any thoughts????

UPDATE: MY wife drove the car this morning and mentioned there was steam that came in through the vents into the cabin (I guess you can call it).

Last edited by TJCampbell; 08-05-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:21 PM
TJCampbell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI - problem solved.

It was the a/c drain hose that was plugged, as well as a drain which is for the windshield runoff (I guess is best way to describe it). Plugged with debris and little tiny leaves from trees (I think they are called locust).

Cleaned those out, and no more wet floor!

Quick Reply: A/C leak into passenger floor carpet