2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

think i have the wcm problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:58 PM
dwarihay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think i have the wcm problem

wireless control module is messing up will it cause the fuel pump to not pump fuel but car will still turn over. or is it camshaft sensor or crankshaft sensor. car ran fine on way to work. but wouldn't start up after work. jumping it off worked last time this happened bout a 30 days ago. it didn't help this time. im have notes on this junk and very poor so i want to rule out the wcm and the two sensors before needless replacing the fuel pump.. any helpful knowledge please

Old 08-29-2014, 08:57 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dwarihay
wireless control module is messing up will it cause the fuel pump to not pump fuel but car will still turn over. or is it camshaft sensor or crankshaft sensor. car ran fine on way to work. but wouldn't start up after work. jumping it off worked last time this happened bout a 30 days ago. it didn't help this time. im have notes on this junk and very poor so i want to rule out the wcm and the two sensors before needless replacing the fuel pump.. any helpful knowledge please
Have you ruled out the battery as the issue?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:57 PM
dwarihay

i found the problem.first i took gas line off rail. no gas there. then pulled back seat and took line off there and no gas there coming out. so i then removed fuel pump. it was inside the fuel pump. you know the top plate where the connection are well well there are connection to float and pump under that so there are connections on both sides of outer white plate that holds it in place. i took the pump all the way apart. took the motor of the pump out of the basket and when i was taking wires out of blue plug to test motor on battery i noticed it that the + side was kind burnt or had been under heat for so long it was loose inside the plug. tested motor it kicked on. so then i took plyers and pinched it alittle to close it. then once i put wires back in the little blue plug that connects to bottom of the white circle plate. i put wedged piece of plastic in there making sure it was very tight in plug. put it all back together and she cranked no problem.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 PM
dwarihay

so if you know its the fuel pump check the connections inside the pump itself. you may save yourself 300 bucks.

Quick Reply: think i have the wcm problem