2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2012 Cruise control issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Mage82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Cruise control issue

Good morning to all!

Have a 2012 Avenger SXT with 120k (long distance job). I just took it in for its first set of front bearings. While there the garage also changed out the rotors and brake pads.

Issue is that now I can turn the cruise on at any speed below 55. But once I hit 55 it shuts off and I cannot re-engage it until I am below the 55 MPH threshold. It worked perfectly fine for both myself and my wife up until she dropped it off.

I called the shop back and they assure me that it wasn't an effect caused by them. I beg to differ but need to know more how to fix it than whose fault it is.

Thoughts?

Mage (pronounced like Cage and Page)

Old 05-05-2015, 02:33 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Mage,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your concern. Did you bring your vehicle to an independent repair shop or to an FCA dealership?

I did some research and haven’t found any TSBs related to your concerns. I would recommend letting an FCA dealership take a look at your vehicle for a formal diagnosis.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Mage82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Hi Mage,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your concern. Did you bring your vehicle to an independent repair shop or to an FCA dealership?

I did some research and haven’t found any TSBs related to your concerns. I would recommend letting an FCA dealership take a look at your vehicle for a formal diagnosis.
Thanks. for the note.

Took it to an independent shop. One that we have used for years. From what I have seen so far with my research it appears it may be relevant to the bearing replacement/speed sensor. I am waiting to hear back from the garage now. Next stop is the dealership garage if I need to.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:29 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Okay, thanks for the update. Please be sure to keep us posted!

Quick Reply: 2012 Cruise control issue