2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Wrong time

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 11:51 PM
Netta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wrong time

I can't seem to keep the clock the same time once I set it. I've read the manual and done it myself. I have even had someone else do it and it stayed for a few weeks and it just started changing again please help

Old 06-18-2015, 11:21 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Netta
I can't seem to keep the clock the same time once I set it. I've read the manual and done it myself. I have even had someone else do it and it stayed for a few weeks and it just started changing again please help
If the clock is gaining time periodically, get your vehicle to your local Dodge service facility.
The clock is controlled by the Wireless Control Module (WCM), a flash update exists to rectify this complaint.
Keep the thread updated after your dealer visit if possible.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:44 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

What year avenger?

We had the same issue with our 2013 Journey. Clock kept gaining 5 minutes every few weeks. Dealer had to replace a module. There is no "software update" to correct the clock issue according to them and they even admitted replacing the module may not correct the problem. I'd love to hear someone elses dealer experience for this issue.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:10 AM
Netta
Unhappy 2008 avenger sxt

its not gaining time, it keeps changing to 12 o'clock every time I turn the car off and then back on. I use my auxiliary input because I don't like the radio stations and it seems to change to 12 o'clock when I plug it in, when I unplug it, and everytime I turn off the car and then have to turn it back on. Very frustrating because I have a second display where my speedometer is and it also tells me the time.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:54 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Netta
its not gaining time, it keeps changing to 12 o'clock every time I turn the car off and then back on. I use my auxiliary input because I don't like the radio stations and it seems to change to 12 o'clock when I plug it in, when I unplug it, and everytime I turn off the car and then have to turn it back on. Very frustrating because I have a second display where my speedometer is and it also tells me the time.
Netta,

Thanks for the clarification.
In that case my suggestion may not apply.
Certainly worth getting to your dealer though for further handling.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:26 AM
Netta
Default final observation

I carefully watched it today and it is confirmed that as soon as I turn the car off it switches back to 12 o'clock. every single time I turn the engine off.

Last edited by Netta; 06-25-2015 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 06-25-2015, 07:28 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Sounds like the 12 volt constant is being switched off for some reason. What year is the vehicle? Are you the original owner? Has it always done this? Have you checked the fuses?

Old 07-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Rjonay473
Default Fast time

I've had my '08 Avenger 8 yrs, the time on the clock has always sped up 5-20 minutes fast a week or so after resetting it. Along with the airbag light staying on.

Quick Reply: Wrong time