2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

No Crank no Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 03:35 PM
NYMattNJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Crank no Start

I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger.
I purchased used from Dodge Nyle Maxwell in Austin, Texas Oct 2013.
The car came with a after market DVD player/radio.

Only 1 issue at all the 1st year. The car would not start for me one morning so without thinking anything of it I took the car to Walmart to replace the battery. Cant even remember if I had walmart check to see if the battery was the issue but they replaced it for me.
The car continued to work.

2nd year. I went to start my car and no power at all.
No dash lights and no click when attempting to start the engine.
Towed the car to dodge. They claim it was a bad battery.
I explained to the Service Agent I just replaced the battery not even 6 mths ago. They were convinced it was the battery. Took the car to walmart. Walmart does there test and says yup battery cell dead. Lets replace battery.

About 1 week goes by. Car will not start again. Same thing, no crank no start. Tow the car to Dodge. This time Dodge says, its your after market radio thats pulling to much power. So we have to replace it with our Stock radios and that will fix the issue. I dont argue, I go with their resolution to replace the radio. FINE. I than take the car to walmart to replace the battery because DODGE told me the radio killed the battery. So replacing the radio and than a new battery will fix everything.

About 1 week goes by. Car will not start again. Same thing, no crank no start. Tow the car to Dodge. This time dodge says its your battery thats dead. You have a bad battery. They say they tested the battery and it needs to be replaced. Dodge than removes the battery from the car and sends me to walmart to replace the battery. When I get to Walmart, Walmart does its test and says "Sir this battery tests fine, nothing is wrong with it. " I take the results showing Good battery over to Dodge and explain to them that Walmart will not take back a battery that tests as working.
Dodge tech than says ok, give me your receipt I will demand them replace it and put the new battery in your car. I dont know how or what was said. But I get a call the next day from a Dodge manager at Walmart saying he needs my Drivers License nyumber to complete the exchange of the battery. Dodge completes the exchange and than places what they say is a new battery in my car. I picked my car up on Friday.

Monday morning the car would not start with the same issue. NO crank no start. I currently have the car at dodge. They called me back same day saying its the Starter Bolt on the avenger being loosed that caused it not to start this time.

As anyone else experience this issue because to me it seems like Dodge is giving me the run around and not addressing a more serious electrical problem on the car.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Dodge manager at Walmart? Sorry for your troubles but it sounds like someone is just trying to avoid properly diagnosing your issue. Do you have another dealer you can take it to and explain this situation? and have another party altogether test the battery.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:56 PM
NYMattNJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Dodge manager at Walmart? Sorry for your troubles but it sounds like someone is just trying to avoid properly diagnosing your issue. Do you have another dealer you can take it to and explain this situation? and have another party altogether test the battery.

I never thought to ask the Dealer if I can take it to another Dodge dealer. I just assumed that because I bought the car from them. That they are the ones I MUST go through. I can call today to find out if that is possible because working with this dealer might be my problem.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:11 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

You are not bound to the dealer you purchased from by any means unless you have a strong relationship with a salesman or service advisor and you just want to use them.

Quick Reply: No Crank no Start