2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Can I connect a 2pin motor to 6pin harness??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:52 PM
KimmyMac13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I connect a 2pin motor to 6pin harness??

Hi,

I just picked up the whole power window setup -window regulator/motor all attached to the inside panel. My problem is they got me a TWO pin motor but I have a SIX pin harness.

Can I use that motor? I realize if the answer is yes, I won't be able to control the passenger window from the drivers side...but my question is how do I wire he current attached motor to my existing harness?

The motor has two thick red wires...not sure which ones I connect fro. My harness to hose wires.

Thanks in advance!

Kim

Old 10-07-2015, 08:57 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Gonna have to grab a wiring diagram from somewhere. Perhaps google for it, or pick up a Haynes manual with wiring diagrams.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:18 PM
KimmyMac13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I went to a Dodge dealer. They said it would not be an issue to just take out the motor and out a new 6 pin one in. I was worried that changing it out would affect the tension on the regulator. It was not an issue. The window is all fixed.

Now I need to find out info on the location of the input and output vehicle sensors....agsin, no info on YouTube or internet on replacing these either lol.

Last edited by KimmyMac13; 10-11-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Splling

Quick Reply: Can I connect a 2pin motor to 6pin harness??