2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Heater Blowing Cold Air -2008 Avenger

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:30 PM
jennyjustis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Heater Blowing Cold Air -2008 Avenger

Hello! I have a 2008 Avenger, SXT 2.7 liter
The other week my heater started blowing cold air. Once it's warm, and I turn the car back on again, it'll blow warm for a few seconds and then switch over to cold air.
When I got my oil changed, the guy told me it was my actuator. Upon taking my glove box out, I viewed both actuators I could see and both of them were working properly when I was operating the heater controls. I did, however, purchase an actuator and replace the actuator to the right of the blower motor and this was not the issue.
I recently had my oil changed and all fluids checked (they were fine). It was confirmed that my heater core operated fine and the tubes felt hot to the touch. (I think I was feeling the correct ones)

Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

Old 12-31-2015, 07:13 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The blend door for heat and cold could be broken and moving on its own. It is a common problem on these newer cars. The old cable/vacuum way worked fine for decades and they should have left them that way.

Quick Reply: Heater Blowing Cold Air -2008 Avenger