2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Dodge Avenger sxt 3.6L exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Dbrewer258
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Avenger sxt 3.6L exhaust

I was wondering if there was a way to get the car to have a little louder sound that's not to expensive. Its already got a nice rumble to it stock. I wasn't sure if I should take out the resonator or the muffler

Old 11-25-2015, 05:24 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Resonator delete will make it louder. I'd start with that.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:27 PM
runner3088
Default hello

I appreciate that magnaflow don't have the fart can style mufflers I want a loud sound out of this car anyone have ideas on muffler for the loudness???

Old 01-24-2016, 11:20 PM
gerry92
Professional

Originally Posted by runner3088
I appreciate that magnaflow don't have the fart can style mufflers I want a loud sound out of this car anyone have ideas on muffler for the loudness???
Have you tried the resonator delete already? Sounds a good choice for you is one of those flowmaster mufflers. They have different levels of sound that should suit the harmony you are looking for. Check them out and see some vids or some sound clips
Flowmaster Mufflers - some vids at bottom
http://www.fle-online.com/Sounds.php - pretty good list of various mufflers

Old 01-25-2016, 07:37 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by runner3088

What engine do you have? Flowmaster is loud and fart can obnoxious. Magnaflow if a bit more mellow. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, drop by your local parts house and pick up a glass pack.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:15 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
What engine do you have? Flowmaster is loud and fart can obnoxious. Magnaflow if a bit more mellow. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, drop by your local parts house and pick up a glass pack.
I've had the exact opposite experience with V6s. Magnaflow gave a very ricey tone, with a lot of resonance. Flowmaster gave a deep/aggressive tone with very little resonance. Glass packs gave the same resonance, with a very annoying sound.

I ran our 2.7L stratus around with gutted cats and a muffler delete for a while. It sounded absolutely awesome. Think old BB at idle, with a very racey sound at WOT. I later added custom headers and full 2.5" exhaust with just a factory style resonator, the sound was AMAZING. I finally had to add a muffler 2 yrs later when a new sheriff thought it was too loud (got sick of having the locals sign off on it). I added a Flowmaster 40. It still sounded great, it was just substantially quieter.

Last edited by smokesxt; 01-25-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Dodge Avenger sxt 3.6L exhaust