2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2010 Dodge Avenger SXT A/C Problems

Old 07-18-2016, 11:43 AM
TommyB803
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 Dodge Avenger SXT A/C Problems

If anybody has some insight it would be appreciated. When I got the car, my fan speeds worked on every setting except hi. I found that suspicious but I didn't look into it. So around 2 months ago the ac stopped blowing completely. The buttons on the temperature control head still light up and you can hear when the compressor for the ac is on but no air flow. I've been to many sites and I've seen common problems being the blower motor and blower motor resistor. I even took it to the shop for a diagnostic and all they came back was with a blower motor and cabin air filter replacement...for an estimated $500+. Well I've replaced both the motor and resistor today and still no airflow on any of the fan speeds. A tree shade mechanic suggested a clog in my liquid refrigerant hose, would that stop the fan from blowing or wouldn't that just keep the air from getting cold? Before I begin the process of buying more parts that won't fix the problem.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:11 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a multimeter and a test light? Could be fuse or a bad wire.
If yours is like other dodges, the controls provide ground for the motor through the resistors. The power from the fuse is applied to the other side of the motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Avenger SXT A/C Problems