2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Viper Remote Start - Stopped Working (2013 Avenger SXT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 01:52 PM
malygaro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SOLVED: Viper Remote Start - Stopped Working (2013 Avenger SXT)

Hey guys! Been happy driving my new 2013 Avenger SXT, bought it on Aug 25 2016. One of my favorite features has been the remote start. I'm assuming it's aftermarket, bought the car used with 22,000 miles on it. Recently the remote stopped working. I've tried replacing the batteries in the remote and failed at trying to reprogram it. It's the Viper 7111V model. I'm hoping somebody can offer me some tips on how to fix this. Useful tips would be the proper re-program procedure, how to turn valet mode on/off, common placement of important parts of the remote start system, and other common problems and solutions. I'd appreciate any responses, thanks everyone

Last edited by malygaro; 09-27-2016 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Issue resolved
Old 09-27-2016, 07:27 PM
malygaro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Solved

Hey guys just want to post how I solved this problem. I got no replies so I decided to do some more research. Obviously I had done plenty before posting but maybe I'd have more luck the next time. I didn't. I found nothing. I knew a common problem was the car being in valet mode, and also the device under the hood not staying in place. I scoured every forum, how-to, youtube video I could find to no avail.

Turns out it was just in Valet Mode xD And for whatever reason I couldn't find the information on how to turn Valet Mode on and off for an Avenger. It's the Lock & Unlock button at the same time. Who would have known the manual woulda come in handy?

Thankfully there wasn't a huge discussion in this thread to come to a simple conclusion, but thanks for anybody who took a peek at the thread and looked anything up in hopes of helping.

One last time, to turn Valet Mode on/off in a Dodge Avenger if you are having this issue is the Lock & Unlock button simultaneously. Though I'm sure most will find that answer in their manual

Quick Reply: Viper Remote Start - Stopped Working (2013 Avenger SXT)