2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2010 Dodge Avenger drivers side door won't latch from the inside

Old 02-12-2017, 05:59 AM
Stevin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Dodge Avenger drivers side door won't latch from the inside

at first it started happening intermittently, now the door never latches. I figured out the only way to make it latch is roll down the window and pull the outside handle and release it at the perfect moment the door reaches the latch.
I brought it to a shop and I thought the price they were charging for the part sounded way high so I am trying to shop online or find a used one. They said I need the locking mechanism. Now when searching I had no luck with those key words , closest thing I am finding is something called the actuator, I believe the code for the one I need is 931-063
Then I started reading that this actuator has some sort of motor attached. Can anyone tell me whAt that is for? Also does this even sound like the part I need? I only ask that because in my searches I also noticed there is a part simply called. Latch, which if I had to guess seams to be my problem but then again I am a noob when it comes to auto repair.
If it helps at all when I was at the shop the mechanic was talking with the guy who orders the parts and at first he thought I needed some part that would need to be programmed but the mechanic made it clear that no I only need the locking mechanism.
So I was just about to order one of these actuators but figured maybe it's a good idea to get some advice before doing so. Hopefully one of you knowledgeable gentleman can help me out. Thank you for allowing me into your great forum.
Steven

Old 02-12-2017, 06:31 AM
Stevin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to mention that I can't open the door from the outside, the only way to open the door once it is actually latched is to pull the inside handle. Maybe this can help in knowing the part I actually need. Thanks again

Search this Thread