2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 Dodge Avenger SE (2.4L) Window Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 02:44 AM
guapoman2000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 2008 Dodge Avenger SE (2.4L) Window Regulator

Hi Guys,

Been a long time and just wanted to share my experiences with replacing the Front Passenger Window Regulator on my Daughters 2008 Dodge Avenger SE (2.4 Liter).

Took out my Daughter's 2008 Dodge Avenger to fill it up with Gasoline and check to see all was okay. On the way back home and since the weather was nice and cool, decided to bring down the Front Passenger Window a little and continued driving. Once close to home I reached for the Window switch to raise it up the window and a loud boom resulted. Yes indeed the 13 year old car broke the plastic retainer that holds the Window Regulator and Window Glass. Observed with this helpless feeling the the Glass falling and disappearing inside the door as I continued to drive. Did a U-Turn and went to the nearest Advanced Auto Parts store and ordered the window regulator assembly that includes the rail system and electric motor all for a grand total of $112.82 including local tax.

Went home and did it myself but, this DODGE is not my old Toyota Camry nor my present 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE that replacing the window regulators are very easy and straight forward on the Japanese cars. No Sir! The DODGE Avenger employs these strong plastic pins that go into the bottom end of the Window Glass and to remove or install you have to pry and angle the back end of this Plastic Assembly. This alone was the biggest challenge as the Japanese cars have the traditional rubber washer that goes around the Window Glass hole and they use a bracket with a metal metric bolt that goes in the bracket and into the rubber washer plus a nut at the other end.
DODGE made things really difficult with their design on their Window Regulators so, be warned about these DODGE cars! It took me an additional one hour and a half to figure out the trick on how to but, I saved BIG $$$ Monies doing it myself. The new DOORMAN brand from Advanced Auto Parts works like a charm!

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Avenger SE (2.4L) Window Regulator