2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

new avenger

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:27 PM
mr.srt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new avenger

what do you think will it fly or die[sm=gears.gif]

Old 02-14-2007, 09:50 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: new avenger

I like it somewhat. I saw a Sebring yesterday and other than the high back window, almost fastback-ish (in look only). If the 2G Avenger resembles the pics, then I say that it will fly.
Now, onto performance rundown....
It comes with an AWD option like the Caliber does.
It comes with a 3.8 V6, like it should have originally.
Chances are, it's engine bay is similar or going to be similar to the EVO X. Yeah, I know...wtf? That to me, means motor/drivetrain swap, lol.
That would mean two Avengers with a...aww crap, I was going to say...two Avengers with two different generations of 4g63...but since the new EVO motor is a 4B11T, scratch that thought.

So, anyway, there's more performance to this Avenger at stock trim than the 1st gen...not that I mind having a sleeper, lol.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:24 PM
mr.srt

I just drove the r/t that 3.5 kicks a__ and it handels great now if we could lower and stick NO2 or turbos??????????????[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Is it a 3.5L V6? My bad. Either way, it's a heftier motor. Also, those three items you stated can easily be applied to any car, new or used

Old 02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
mr.srt

yeah but what to do first i just got the wife one and she likes to go fast[sm=bomb.gif][sm=bomb.gif]

Old 02-15-2007, 11:39 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Well, if you got her the R/T, 235chp should be good for her for now, right? I wouldn't lower it without her knowing that the ride may/will get a little more rough. No2, may not be a good idea, since it's not a limitless product. Give it time, there will be mods for these motors soon enough..except for the 3.5L, from what I understand, it's a bored out 3.3L from another platform with overhead cams..here's more info on that.
What trim did you get your wife? Well, start there.

BTW, the more I look at the 2G Avenger, the more I like it and I already liked it as it was, lol.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 PM
mr.srt

thanks for the link as you can tell i am some what new to the mopar thing and that lookslike on hell of an avenger you have on your hands[sm=gears.gif]

Old 02-17-2007, 12:32 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: mr.srt

thanks for the link as you can tell i am some what new to the mopar thing and that lookslike on hell of an avenger you have on your hands[sm=gears.gif]
Thank you for the kind words She is pretty fun and keeps a smile on my face...unless I get stuck in traffic[:@], lol.

I'm pretty sure that if you give it a little time, many more parts may start to become more available for the 2G. I'm not saying that turbo/supercharger kits may start to appear..but they might.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:34 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

It's a disappointment in my books....and not because it's a Dodge.....

For starters, it's still virtually dead last in regards to performance in its class.....the 300hp SRT option still is a rumor....and the AWD factor is only going to make the car even heavier then it already is. The exterior is a step up, but the performance doesnt get it done....and once again a potentially great looking car is wasted by Dodge. They've done it with both the Avenger/Stratus coupes....and now again with the Avenger sedan.

Consider this....my current car is a 2004 Grand Prix GTP Competition Group....and the 2007 Grand Prix GT is an identical car specs wise.....so I'll use it to compare to...

2007 Grand Prix GT - 3.8L V6 Supercharged
2007 Avenger R/T - 3.5L V6 Naturally Aspirated - motor is neutered down from 250hp

2007 Grand Prix GT - 260hp/280ftlbs torque @5400rpm
2007 Avenger R/T - 235hp/232ftlbs torque @6400rpm

2007 Grand Prix GT - FWD
2007 Avenger R/T - FWD/AWD

2007 Grand Prix GT - 198in length (just 3 in shy of being the same length as a Charger)
2007 Avenger R/T - 191in length

2007 Grand Prix GT - $25,320
2007 Avenger R/T - $23,545 (AWD package pushes it to $25,545)

2007 Grand Prix GT - curb weight - 3484lbs
2007 Avenger R/T - curb weight - 3568lbs FWD (3738lbs in AWD setup)

*Edit*
Accidently clicked submit.

The thing here is....why settle for an Avenger when you could get a good deal on a Charger SXT with 250hp/250ftlbs of torque for relatively the same price as an Avenger R/T? It just seems to me that buying a car that's only 10in shorter and with less space for the same price is not only a deterrent, but a mistake. I could be wrong, but I just feel you'd be better off buying a RWD Charger SXT and enjoying it more then you would an Avenger.......

Old 02-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like the Avenger beats the Grand Prix, except for horsepower. Why buy the Avenger when you can get a Charger? The Avenger looks MUCH better. Much more aggressive. The Charger makes me smile. The Avenger makes me drool.

The Avenger will sell. It's an agressive, sportycar that's going to compete with a bunch of boring and dull mid-size sedans.

Give me a silver RT AWD please...

or SRT...

Quick Reply: new avenger