Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

need to know fuel pressure specs for an 04 dodge

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
johno2355
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to know fuel pressure specs for an 04 dodge

hey guys does anyone know what the fuel pressure should be on an 04 dodge 5.9L diesel from the lift pump to the fuel filter housing. maybe a volume spec to if thats possible that would be FN awesome if anyone could help out with the specs. thanks very much. beers

Old 03-17-2010, 11:14 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by johno2355
hey guys does anyone know what the fuel pressure should be on an 04 dodge 5.9L diesel from the lift pump to the fuel filter housing. maybe a volume spec to if thats possible that would be FN awesome if anyone could help out with the specs. thanks very much. beers
380mL within 10 seconds if not make that amount then change fuel filter then try again.. Best thing to do is change fuel filter and not bother with that test. IDK about dodge 5.9s but our forklifts fail that test all the time and they are new trucks Of course they are 6.7 engines. But they do have the same fuel system as a common rail 5.9...
But why do you say that your having a fuel problem??? enlighten Us
I'd like to give you the proper directions witch route to take on fixing it correctly the first time not changing parts out.. It costs way to much money to do that....
Edited
I forgot to add that if the truck is KOEO Lift pump running it can make up to 10 psi...
Hope that helps Pizzo since its new post Coaltrain and Dodgetrucker may chime in on this one two...

Last edited by pizzo; 03-17-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock pressure will be 8-10 at idle. And will probably drop to about 5 at WOT. As long as your above 2psi your fine. Bosch specs are -5 to +15, 650ml in 10 seconds is the stock flow rating, for an in the tank pump, but you could have one on the engine, either or for the 04's but im not sure if there is a different rating between the two

Last edited by dodgetrucker75; 03-18-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:11 PM
johno2355

hey thanks very much for the specs! I was having a problem again with the truck cutting out on the road and also it would just die sitting there idling sometimes I found out the problem today though, I ran the in tank fuel pump with key on engine off (on this truck the fuel pump runs as soon as the key is turned on because of the way I wired it when I upgraded the fuel system to the in tank pump, the truck is a 03 with an 04 fuel tank and pump.) I had the fuel filter out and the fuel was just trickling into the filter housing, so I pulled the fuel tank down pulled out the fuel pump and found loads of debree on the pump screen it looked like what may have been a paper towel that had been left in the tank, so anyhow I cleaned the screen and reinstalled the tank and pump and the truck is back on its feet again.
ps. Thanks to all who replied I really really appericiate the help. thanks again the specs will come in handy.

Quick Reply: need to know fuel pressure specs for an 04 dodge