4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stereo freezing up

Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Mdozier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo freezing up

Has anyone else had a problem with the touch screen stereo freezing up?
Sometimes the sound will not work, and sometimes the stereo will not let me change the channels. Even when I use the voice command it will not work. This will happen 2 or 3 times a week. If I turn off the truck for a few min. then turn it back on the stereo works fine... until the next time a few days later.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
2010hemiguy

I was having a similar issue. When I listened to FM station 105.5, it would lock up the entire system. No sound and I couldn't change stations unless i pulled the fuse. The only thing that would work was Sirius channels. I was running 9.292 and am now running 9.227. I questioned it on www.mofv.com/mygig/ and clicked on the "LIVE SUPPORT" button, and they mailed me an update disk within a week no charge. I just upgraded it tonight, and so far so good.

I should also specify that I have the REN non-navigation radio.

Last edited by 2010hemiguy; 03-15-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 AM
finc.jb
Professional

Originally Posted by 2010hemiguy
I was having a similar issue. When I listened to FM station 105.5, it would lock up the entire system. No sound and I couldn't change stations unless i pulled the fuse. The only thing that would work was Sirius channels. I was running 9.292 and am now running 9.227. I questioned it on www.mofv.com/mygig/ and clicked on the "LIVE SUPPORT" button, and they mailed me an update disk within a week no charge. I just upgraded it tonight, and so far so good.

I should also specify that I have the REN non-navigation radio.
Same type of problems here. I had updated the software due to it supposedly being faster with the Bluetooth commands and found it would freeze with the HDD ie.. it would goto the next song and just sit there like it was looking for it, even though it was showing the info for it. It would also screw up the volume on occasion and not let me change FM stations. Down graded the software back to what was original version and it's better but still freezes on occasion. Of course every time I want to take it in when it acts up, it starts to work again!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Hmm... I've had this happen in a few different situations. Sometimes it will freeze and not let me change FM stations until I restart the truck. Other times it won't let me change audio modes. Never consistently the same type of freeze and it happens to me maybe once a month? I've never upgraded the software.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
wcoast1973

Similar .. yesterday Sirius stopped working saying it was looking for satellites. I was in a clear area where I never lose signal. It was odd because as I changed through the satellite channels, it updated the info of what was laying on each, but it never did get audio back until I stopped some after I turned the truck off and back on (some 45 minutes later).

Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Pinch99

This week is my one year anniversary for owning my 09 truck, and I've never had this problem. I listen to Sirius and HHD 99% of the time.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 AM
72combo
Champion

Me too Pinch and I swapped radio to a REN from a RES and well Sirius keeps calling me to reenlist but why would I bother I hope this thing goes for ever LOL. When it quits I will start it, I know if it was my subscription they would transfer it but since its not and I think it is a loaner car one where it works alll the time. We shall see, no matter this month is the end of my free year. I have version 9.293 which I am told is unavailable, when I have it I would have to ask the guy I bought if from It came from the factory like this since there is even a sticker on it 9.293, on top of another sticker, I tried to peel the sticker but it wont come off anyway it shows this version on the radio too on the screen. I don't have the disc for it wish I did cuz I want to try the new lockpick 3.0, there was a 2.5 then they went to 3 in a month or so it seems. it is upgradeable like the other one out there vie usb.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stereo freezing up