Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

lost in how to raise my truck

Old 10-23-2003, 03:38 PM
DirtySouthRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost in how to raise my truck

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=black size=5>I got an old 89 dodge i cant seem to find any part to lower my truck or raise it . i need some suggestions on what to do . I still need to make my mind on droping it or raising it . Its 2 wheel ,and engine wise thats my turn on i have a 318 5.2 liter v8 engine with a holley carb and a flowmaster exaust. i need help and suggestion aight . hit me if u got some and advice.</FONT></P>

Old 10-23-2003, 04:11 PM
dodgefreak
All Star

where have you looked??

check out stylincomcepts.com....they have a good selection!!

with the older body style like that eather way I would only level it. Either bring the back down a few inches or the front up a few. If you lift the front...look for bigger tires to get a nice rugged look out of it. Or you can stay with the stock size tires, lower the back and have the warlock or Lil' Red look!!

either way I WANT PICTURES!!!

Old 10-24-2003, 12:55 AM
DirtySouthRam

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=3>Well ive look evry where online. but what allwayz comes out is lift kits and drop kits for recent rams. imma take ur advice and visit dat website ill kepp u posted aight. peace and thanks</FONT></P>

Old 10-24-2003, 01:20 PM
RaM MaN

hey, i got an 86 and i am looking to makin it into a street truck, if your looking for power in your 318 advance your timing...when i first got my truck it would not spin a wheel, my buddy a mechanic went under the hood for 10 min adjusted the timing, and well lets just say i am going on my 3rd rear end, and i am lookin for a posi this time</P>

Old 10-24-2003, 10:32 PM
DirtySouthRam

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=blue size=5>hey man , well just by coincidince i im in a mechanic school and i guess ill take ur advice and tell my teacher to help me on that. but how ur truck hooked up man its so hard to find parts for our cars. i either want to raise my truck like 5 inch and put some 36inch tires or drop it at least 2inch in front and 6in the rear(u know our rams come with the stock suspension pretty high in the rear. as for engine wise imma get a new edelbrok carb pushing 600 , new headers , new manifold , maybey if i find them some used or new hemi heads .(well for my engine it will be easy to find those parts but will see) peace man</FONT>

Old 10-26-2003, 12:59 PM
RaM MaN

Hey man i hear what your saying, i was so desperate for cheap tires, my buddy sold me 4 all terrains and i straped them on the ol 2 wheel drive not to mention that they are 33's, the back clearance is fine, the front clears but when you hit bumps it rubs a little bit. Here are some ways you can lower it, put your rear end over the leaf springs in the rear, should lower it about 3-4 inches, you will need to do a bit of welding and modifing, but i have seen it done and it looks pretty good man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lost in how to raise my truck