Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Hemi Crate Engines

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi Crate Engines

I'm sure you guys have probably seen these, but these crate engines are awesome. For grins I looked up GM crate engines - yeah they have more small block V8's you can order, but a Mopar Big Block runs CIRCLES around a GM one.

www.hemi.com (click on the "crates" section IF ONLY THESE ENGINES WERE LEGAL FOR STREET USE . . . the possibilities)

Old 05-25-2005, 06:01 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hemi Crate Engines

stupid hemi. Before the hemi crate came out a 380 horse 360 small block was about 3400, now they're a grand or so more. Can't have a much cheaper engine making more power than the hemi, so obviously jack the price on the 360 up.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:39 AM
guido7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

horatio, am I misunderstanding you, or are you just negative all the time.... forgive me if I misunderstand your reply here.... but ...
I know I cant afford one anyway, and if I could, I would buy one just because I like the engine, and its design.....

straiten me out here, say "something" positive just one time, make me smile just once before this old soldier dies.... LOL.....

GUIDO

Old 05-25-2005, 04:32 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah, I'm not bitter all the time, just in probably most of the threads that both of us bother to read.
But this is a bit of a touchy subject, since at one point in time I had seriously been considering putting a 360 magnum crate into my ram, but cranking the price up 33% without warning just put itt out of my price range - it's now cheaper to do it the hard way and get a block, clean it up, and build it fresh myself. Compound that with the fact that I'm plain old getting tired of things not working properly on the truck anyway and I'm thinking about just dumping it. I've owned the Ram longer than any othe vehicle I've owned so it's part of the family, but I can't justify having 2 trucks, especially if 1 is always needing work.

Quick Reply: Hemi Crate Engines