2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Thank you everyone...

Old 06-01-2010, 12:35 AM
crateampsrock
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thank you everyone...

I just want to thank you guys...every last one of you. Im also a member of chevy forums, due to the fact that i sadly own a GM product, an 07 chevy uplander. and the people on that forum...are a bunch of whiney @$$ B****es... I mean come on...look at this...

FMinMI
CF Beginner

RE: Uplander MPG
One thing I found that KILLS MPG is when the stupid dealership puts in 5+ quarts of oil instead of the 4 this engine should have. Not only did it drop city mileage down to ~11 MPG, there was significant foaming. Good thing I caught it after ~50 miles had to drain out 1.5 quarts. Make sure that whoever changes your oil knows this engine only gets 4 quarts WITH a filter.

are you freakin serious? ive been an automotive technician for years, and aint never heard of this crap.. I then posted info on capacities of fluids, and it started an arguement over the type of freakin water to use.... regular tap vs, distilled? WTF!!!

so i sincerely thank you guys...for not being whiney b****es...

Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
cowboy63645
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL thats great....sometimes you have to wonder who is on the other side of that computer and WTF they are thinking! But in any case, when it comes to the b****ing, I leave that up to the wife, she is, afterall rather good at it! Good thing I dont let her on here LOL

Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tell that guy its prob not the oil normally when the dealer does service on vehicles they top off all the fluids so im sure they put to much blinker fluid in and thats what is really killing his mpg I know I had to get synthetic blinker fluid for my truck to get better mpg. lol

Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Lee Snow
Professional

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Tell that guy its prob not the oil normally when the dealer does service on vehicles they top off all the fluids so im sure they put to much blinker fluid in and thats what is really killing his mpg I know I had to get synthetic blinker fluid for my truck to get better mpg. lol
But don't forget to drop some metal shavings in your fluid before adding anymore blinker fluid, it adds 5 mpg...

Old 06-01-2010, 11:59 PM
crateampsrock
Veteran

these are the same idiots that would buy shorter spark plug wires cause they read it would increase horsepower

Old 06-02-2010, 01:16 AM
cowboy63645
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cant forget the muffler bearings!!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Independentfool
Veteran

well, there is some validity to the two points......

Note: accidental overfilling oil into your engine can cause problems too. As the crankshaft rotates it will churn the oil, causing aeration and eventually sustained foam may form. This can lead to overheated motor oil, oxidation and a loss of oil pressure. Spongy aerated oil is hard to pump. It starves the engine and critical lubricated surfaces.
Distilled water is also commonly used to top off lead acid batteries used in cars and trucks. The presence of other ions commonly found in tap water will cause a drastic reduction in an automobile's battery lifespan.
Distilled water is preferable to tap water for use in automotive cooling systems. The minerals and ions typically found in tap water can be corrosive to internal engine components, and can cause a more rapid depletion of the anti-corrosion additives found in most antifreeze formulations

Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by crateampsrock
these are the same idiots that would buy shorter spark plug wires cause they read it would increase horsepower
The left handed screw driver or the kanuten valve lol Sometimes when I am driving I get crazy Ideas for made up vehicle parts.
Tachometer bearings(little bearing that sometimes goes out on your tach mostly on gm goes out from over revving).
Ceramic ferris weld(a weld that is not as strong as normal ones found on every vehicle before the year 2000).
Fuel pump regulator compression valve(Compresses the fuel so more gets injected into your cylinder increases hp).
Sometimes I have to question myself if some of the stuff is real or not cause it sounds real lol

Old 06-03-2010, 12:17 AM
crateampsrock
Veteran

he was claiming that overfilling the oil by adding the manufacturers spec level of oil was causing his fuel economy to go from 28 mph, to 11 mph...

as for as the water argument, as you know GM uses DEX-COOL which has solutions to prevent the tap water corrosion, DEX-COOL is designed to be used with tap, not distilled...

Old 06-03-2010, 07:50 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star

Both points are valid. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thank you everyone...