3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PLEASE HELP!!! HID PROBLEM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!!! HID PROBLEM!!!

Someone has to know how to fix this problem I'm having with my HID's. I have an '04 Ram QC and recently purchased a bi-xenon HID kit. Well when I installed it the lights would simply blink on for two seconds, off for two seconds, and repeat until I got pissed enough to turn them off. Well I followed some directions regarding wiring in two capacitors (one from high beam power to ground, and one from low beam power to ground) and it still isn't working. Now the headlights, in addition to the blinking, are also going from high to low (or moving the solenoid.) Please look at the video below and someone PLEASE help!!!

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF0930.flv

Old 01-05-2008, 03:11 PM
JCPlowing
Rookie
Default RE: PLEASE HELP!!! HID PROBLEM!!!

how much did you pay for those, because i got a set on ebay for 200.00, i plugged them in, and the relay would click on and off, i never was able to get them to work after lots and lots of time and pissed off nights,after i was donemessing with them i was told to get the real HID kit witch costs 1200.00, i have them installed on my truck now, with no problems from the start, if they are the cheap ones good luck, because my buddy has my set that i bought off ebay, and has tried all sorts of things to get them to work and has had no luck what so ever, and i was unable to get my money back in the end so hopfully you will have better luck then i did!!!

But since yours turn on then off try replacing the relay,or jumping past the relaythats all i could think of is the rely is clicking on and off. Hope that helps!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:15 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search for HID blink or HID problem, there's a fix, a bunch of people have had this problem, actually I think EVERYONE that got HID's from eBay has had it, but there is a way to get them to work, don't worry yet...

Old 01-05-2008, 03:37 PM
BMRbrnSNRbrd

JC Plowing...I don't think I'll EVER spend 1200 on HIDs, seems kind of crazy.
bwhite757...that's the fix I tried, with the capacitors, I'm about to go outside and try some resistors....lets keep our fingers crossed that I don't set something on fire...

Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 AM
vonryanexpress

ANYBODY HAVE A FIX YET!? I have a bi-xenon kit purchased from kbcarstuff.com and I'm getting the blinking pattern and a "lamp out" light in the cab. Please, anybody get at me with a fix!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:30 AM
UP_Boilermaker
Professional

I recall reading about this blink problem and a fix for it here. As I remember, it has to do with wiring the marker lights in with the headlights so the system reads the correct resistance or amperage draw. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Here's the post I was thinking about. It makes sense to me that it would solve this problem.

https://dodgeforum.com/fb.asp?m=1232379

Old 06-09-2008, 11:41 AM
outlawcrewcab

what i did on mine was run a relay. the ballest does not have e-nuff resitance and the switch turns off. simple small 30 amp relay fixed mine with out guessing on resisters

Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 PM
muky

Where did you put the relay ??????

Old 05-10-2009, 05:56 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain

here is a diagram of the relay and parts and how they connect my kit came off ebay for 80 and have had no problems.

Name:  HID-RELAY-WIRING.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  72.9 KB

Old 05-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Thats a cool fix. The computer thinks the resistance of the relay is the bulb. I like it...

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!!! HID PROBLEM!!!