3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

proper way to reset TPS and computer on 2008

Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I DRIVE A HEMI RAM DAMNIT!
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proper way to reset TPS and computer on 2008

I went to the dealer the other day about some parts and was talkin to the service man and the subject came up that I cant peel in my truck..it has 3.92(bought truck used and thats what the build sheet says...). I have my AirAid MIT and cortex performance tune installed and my truck has a flowmaster SI/SO exhast... It just has an extreme lack of performance in my opinion. Had the compression checked at 30k with a plug change. The service man said I should be able to. That leads me to maybe the TPS or AIT sensor isnt working properly. He suggested maybe a new EGR valve... but wouldnt these throw a CEL? Either that or the tranny isnt all that great but it doesnt seem to slip. Whats the proper way to reset the comp and tps?I know unhook the negative battery terminal and turn on the lights,but is that it? SHould I do one right after the other?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:25 AM
coppertable8

Just unhook the pos. terminal and hook it to the neg. for a few mins and they will reset. It drains all the stored power for the memery.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:23 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Or, if you have some time, disconnect the neg terminal and wait at least 20 minutes. Then reconnect of course! LOL

Old 06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

You can also reset it by looking in the fuse box and pulling the pcm fuse. Then go in the truck and turn the key to the acc then off position a few times. I prefer this way as it doesn't erase any of my stereo presets, etc. Then it's another 30 minutes getting it back the way I want it.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Deviate
Professional

^^ What he said. Less work all the way around to do it this way.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I DRIVE A HEMI RAM DAMNIT!
Rookie

Ok,should I unload the performance tune first then do the reset? Also..what about the tps or will it do that too? My truck seems to have a little more get up when its warmer out,like 70..if thats possible somehow...?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: proper way to reset TPS and computer on 2008