Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Transmission Issues/ Loud grinding/growling noise w/ acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:12 AM
94stealthrt/tt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transmission Issues/ Loud grinding/growling noise w/ acceleration

Does anybody know anyone in the st louis area that knows theese cars well? I just bought a 94 RT TT, supposed to be in excellent condition and on my way home from Florida realized it was not even close to the excellent condition I was told it was.

Problem 1) 2nd gear scratch every shift (was told was likely the syncroniser) Reverse only works about 10% of the time. It grinds and I even have to hold it in gear at times.. other times it shifts flawlessly.

Problem 2) Loud grinding/howling noise comming from the front end that seems to get louder w/ acceleration. The transmission shop I looked into says it is not related to the trani..

Theese are the major concerns of mine, however there are sevral other issues w/ the car. If anyone knows anybody in st louis or in the surrounding areas please let me know. I am looking for someone who deals w/ theese cars on a regular basis and is not going to play guessing games that cost me more than I already have in the car. I paid well over blur book for the car because the body was in excellent condition and I was lead to believe the car had been meticulisly maintained. Strange thing.. the reverse worked fine the 1st day. by day 2 I was stuggeling to get it in gear. Please help!

Quick Reply: Transmission Issues/ Loud grinding/growling noise w/ acceleration