Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

07 2500 SLT 5.9 Diesel Fuse Block

Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 AM
cooterscuzn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 07 2500 SLT 5.9 Diesel Fuse Block

2 weeks ago I came out of the store, turned on the truck and there was no a/c. Blows air, heat works, fans ok. I had a guy diagnos the problem. He told me it was the fuse block. It took him days to find the problem. Said the part was around $2,000 dollars & I have too have the dealership reprogram the computor. Does anyone know of this? Is this a common problem? Is there a place I can buy the part cheaper? Is this fuse block known by another name? Just trying to do my home work. This has got to be the best place to start.
Thank you to anyone that is willing to help.

Cooter.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:50 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the Cummins diesel section,
FF

Old 08-20-2010, 03:46 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe its also called the power train controller, first check the wire from the a/c compressor clutch back up into the main harness, they have been known to rub through near the compressor, normally on one of the a/c lines, and can shut the system down, or worse case burn up the controller

Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 AM
gwalt584
Default ac

Jumping in with a similiar problem on a 2007 2500 with Cummins, the fan clutch wire got into the fan some way and it cut the wire. I replaced the fan clutch (over $300 for the clutch) expecting the AC to come back on.
So where is the Power train module located? Is that the same as the ECU, PCM?
Thanks
Gary

Old 08-24-2010, 12:12 AM
mikesram
Professional

Originally Posted by cooterscuzn
2 weeks ago I came out of the store, turned on the truck and there was no a/c. Blows air, heat works, fans ok. I had a guy diagnos the problem. He told me it was the fuse block. It took him days to find the problem. Said the part was around $2,000 dollars & I have too have the dealership reprogram the computor. Does anyone know of this? Is this a common problem? Is there a place I can buy the part cheaper? Is this fuse block known by another name? Just trying to do my home work. This has got to be the best place to start.
Thank you to anyone that is willing to help.

Cooter.
I had that similiar problem, blows air,warm. Check the compressor if it turns when you switch to a/c on at least thats what mine did took the dealer 2 days to figure it out but coame to find out the compressor was bad luckily it was still under warranty.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Louie the third

Pickup won't start with key switch checked all fuses checked relay sol oils all good

Old 04-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Louie the third

2007 5.9 cummins it won't start with key switch checked all fuses checked starter relay soilnoid all good voltage all good I can jump it at the starter to start it

Old 04-22-2015, 05:49 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The answer to the 4 year old question is the fuse block is called the TIPM which is the totally integrated power module. And yes, I believe there is programming involved.

The new issue sounds like perhaps an immobilizer issue. Do you have different keys you can try?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 2500 SLT 5.9 Diesel Fuse Block