4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Turning off the factory alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:56 AM
War Horse
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning off the factory alarm

Hi guys. Sorry for this simple question that the owner's manual could solve, but I'm out of pocket till next summer with no access to a manual or the truck.

My wife has been having a problem turning off the alarm once the Panic button has been hit. Our son who is 1 has locked into that button and manages to set the alarm off everytime he can get ahold of her keys. She's tried several sequences, but it seems to be taking her forever to get it stopped.

I thought you only had to hit the unlock button to get it to stop, but she said that alone didn't work. Anyone know what the right button, or right sequence is?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:40 PM
72combo
Champion

Just hit the Panic button again. I hit the Panic button all the time when kids are outside messing around near my driveway I will watch one of them will just get within a foot of putting their *** on the bumper and I set the Panic off they run. I push the panic again it goes off.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 AM
War Horse
All Star

Thanks Combo, I'll pass the info on to her and get her to try it.

Quick Reply: Turning off the factory alarm