3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03' window lock switch bad? Windows dont work on any except for driver switch

Old 10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Smokedlights
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03' window lock switch bad? Windows dont work on any except for driver switch

Just got an 03 ram quad cab, was trying to google and search, im guessing my window lock switch is bad? I can roll all windows up and down from drivers side but none work from any of the other doors. Its exactly as if the window lock is on but its not, ive turned it off and on back and fourth nothing. Is the switch bad or something else? or is there a way to bypass it or??

Old 10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Tactstyle

Im in the same boat, I've had my truck about a year and a half and every once in a while when its really hot the other doors work. I asked once before but never really figured out a solution so I've pretty much just lived with it.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:21 PM
mike_r
Professional

I had that problem. Turns out that it's the connection to the drivers side door switches. Mine was corroded. I just blasted some contact cleaner in there and it's worked a lot better. There are still a few times that it doesn't work. Just hit the door below the switches and they start working for me again.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
jake7
All Star

It's def a common problem....Mine does it as well. I haven't had time to take the switches out to look at yet.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:27 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Common issue. Mine does it every now and then. The contact cleaner solution will probably work. Some contact cleaners have silicone in them. That might last longer. The one I remember from my electronic servicing days was a blue foam.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:34 PM
jake7
All Star

MikeH- Did you just take out the switch board and spray down the wires? Or did you take off the door and do something more? Did you do it on all the door switches?

Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the problem and it was a bad child lock, so instead of buying a whole $120 switch, I hard wired the child lock so it doesn't work and lets me roll down the windows when ever. I have a post somewhere around here of my DIY.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Smokedlights
Rookie

child lock is door locks isnt it? anyway i took it apart , i think it wasnt coming fully up, and i couldnt pull it up with the colored bezel on it. I took that off and played with it for a minute and pulled up on the switch it self, and plugged it back in and all is good now, hopefully it last. Where exactly are you guys spraying cleaner?? where the whole switch plugs in?? Not sure why that would work since everything else is working great and its all in the same plug

Old 10-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Denniss66
Veteran

i took mine apart too it only worked for a little bit i took all the switches and cleaned that goop out that was in the child lock switch and tried playing with the prongs it worked for a bit but then the gf keeps using it cause the kids and it eventually quits working again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 03' window lock switch bad? Windows dont work on any except for driver switch