Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Windshield wipers acting up

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 07:57 PM
akamins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield wipers acting up

I recently purchased a used 2000 Dodge Neon and my windshield wipers are acting funny. The wipers just come on by themselves if I turn on the headlights, turn on the A/C, or turn the **** that shows where air is blowing to certain positions. It only seems to happen during the first 15 minutes or so of driving, and after that they usually stay off. I was just wondering what might be causing this problem and how much it might cost to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated!

Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 PM
g_force58
Default windshield wipers acting up

since you say this is happening when you turn on the lights etc., My guess is the multifunction switch is going bad, actually not the switch, but the connectors in the wiring harness to it. They have a tendency to melt where they clip together. Short of a new switch, which is expensive, you could get one from a junk yard or get the conectors if you can find two of them that are good.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:47 PM
e_nazim
Default 2000 Neons wipers turn on with Headlights

my neon windshield wipers turns on when i turn on headlights or some times with the dim lights. it stops some times by itself. it happened last year once stopped by itself when i was on hightway. this time the problem look severe. If anyone knows where the problem is /how to solve, please let me know and it will be highly appreciated.
thanks

Last edited by e_nazim; 12-30-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Windshield wipers acting up