Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2001 Dodge Ram overhead console lights not working

Old 06-15-2005, 10:07 PM
hornbake
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Ram overhead console lights not working

The light in the overhead console of my 2001 dodge ram are not working. They do seem to work when the door is open, which allows all the interior lights to come on, so I know that the problem is not electrical. The problem is that I cannot turn the lights on or off in the way that they should be turned on or off. They should work by just pushing them straight up into the console, but they do not. When pushed up, they feel lose and there is no resistance as there should be. I have taken off the covers and can see that something is not right. There seems to be some sort of piece missing, a trigger or switch or something that should be pushed up into the console when the light covers are pushed up in order to turn the lights on or off. Does anybody have any idea what on earth is wrong or what could be missing?

Old 06-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Phatboy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Dodge Ram overhead console lights not working

I had this same problem on mine. My wife actually jabbed the light up to hard and it knocked the little switch out of line. It is a realtively easy fix. The unit come down pretty easy. It slides on the headliner board. I cant remember if it goes towards the windshield or not, I believe it does, and should come right down. There shouldnt be any screws in it but you may want to make sure. Once loose you can unhook the wire and take it down and re-seat the switch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Ram overhead console lights not working