Browse all: 4WD
Print Wikipost

Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM

Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 AM
45romeo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM

Hello,
I am going to attempt to replace myself my Transfer Case Control Module. My rig is stuck in 4wd and the dealer sayes the TCCM is shot. $440 part/ 180 labor--no way. But I looked under the dash and there are three or 4 modules under there. Anybody have a good diagram or a photo of exactly where the TCCM is in a 2001 Durango Location. Thanks a bunch for the help.

email me at timdodds@live.com

Thanks
Tim Dodds

Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I may be wrong but I think it is located just right of the steering column under the dash.

The following users liked this post:
Mateo Morales (05-27-2020)
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you sure it is not the electronic accuator solenoid on the transfer case?

Kid Kootenay (07-08-2020)
Old 02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
45romeo
Default Not Sure yet.

I'm having the same symptoms that may others are having. 4x4 service light on, no lights on the selector switch, no response when the switch is moved. Just happened to be in 4wd when it went out.

I had it to the dealer and they were going to replace the TCCM, so I'll go ahead and do that myself. First, I will try the PCM reset and see if I can get it out of 4wd.

I found one at a local boneyard (within the state, I have to have the part shipped to me) so I want to take out the TCCM and be sure the PN's match before they ship the used one.

So.. If anybody has a good photograph or a diagram of exactly where the TCCM is located, I would much appreciate it. I understand it has 3 different pigtails coming out of it. The problem is, when I looked under there yesterday, i saw several modules. just want to get the correct one.

I plan on photographing and documenting my process and posting here when I get done. That way others in the future will have a clue what to look for.

Thanks for any help.

timdodds@live.com

Old 02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
schusterjo
All Star

Could be the transfer case position sensor or whatever that dang thing is called.

Kid Kootenay (07-08-2020)
Old 02-14-2009, 01:21 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by schusterjo
Could be the transfer case position sensor or whatever that dang thing is called.
You got it right.

This sensor only tells the light on the dash where the selection is on the transfer case where engaged.

If the selector is manual the light is controled by the sensor as to it's position. If the selector is electric then it's the accuator.

The question here is "no response when the switch is moved" which sounds like an accuator.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 PM
45romeo
Default TCCM Location Photo

Here is a photo of where the TCCM is located on an '01 Durango. It is the blue box behind the metal dash frame. Held in by 3 screws. No need to cut anything, just takes some patients to wiggle it out. Need to remove the lower base trim and ashtray which is still in place in this photo.
I had the same problem where the trasfer case quit responding, no lights on the switch and the switch did nothing. I was stuck in 4wd Hi. Took to the stealership and they wanted $445 for the part and a couple hundred to put it in. Found one for $75.00 delivered. Plugged it in and it works great.
I also found a 2000+ page manual in pdf format for a 2001 Dakota. Described in great detail how to remove the dash. Easy to do, just remove the screws and it "pops" off with a quick tug. search "2001dakotamanual.pdf" in google and you'll find the manual.
45Romeo

Attached Thumbnails Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM-img_2055-comp-1.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 AM
schusterjo
All Star

Well thanks for posting back on you fix.... glad you got it going.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:34 PM
margieroanoke

I cant really tell which part it is by the picture can someone post a pic of the part circled, thanks! Mine quit working as well tring to get it fixed!

Old 11-27-2009, 10:26 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

It should be right here:

Attached Thumbnails Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM-img_2055-comp-1.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM