Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2003 Dodge Neon 2.0 SXT washer pump not functioning

Old 12-17-2010, 12:01 PM
mike Lord
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2003 Dodge Neon 2.0 SXT washer pump not functioning

Hi

I have a 2003 Dodge neon 2.0 (SXT). When I pull on the right hand lever to initiate the windshield washer fluid there is no sound from the pump. I have topped up the winter washer fluid in the (bottle) reservoir and checked for any fuses related to the pump but there are only wiper fuses. But these are good. And all fuses are good anyway. I was told that if the fluid lines are not frozen and its not a fuse could it be the pump itself. If so how do I get to the pump to change it myself if simple and easy (with right tools of course)in a garage.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:00 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike Lord
Hi

I have a 2003 Dodge neon 2.0 (SXT). When I pull on the right hand lever to initiate the windshield washer fluid there is no sound from the pump. I have topped up the winter washer fluid in the (bottle) reservoir and checked for any fuses related to the pump but there are only wiper fuses. But these are good. And all fuses are good anyway. I was told that if the fluid lines are not frozen and its not a fuse could it be the pump itself. If so how do I get to the pump to change it myself if simple and easy (with right tools of course)in a garage.
Unless you can find a good used one (tank and pump combined) in a local junkyard, you can buy just a new pump and they are only $30 from rockauto.com. The tank is mounted behind the fender wall in front of the tire well shield to the car frame. Not difficult. two bolts. Just drop the tank down, disconnect the hose, change out the pump and reverse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Neon 2.0 SXT washer pump not functioning