4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2010 RAM 1500 Uconnect issue

Old 01-09-2011, 12:43 PM
cdrmjjohnson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 RAM 1500 Uconnect issue

I have uconnect in the truck which I purchased used. For the first 4 months uconnect worked like a champ and I had no problems. Now when I get into truck and start it after about 10 secs uconnect comes on and says "phone call completed" and I haven't even made a call. When I try and make a call uconnect goes thru all the prompts etc, the number i am calling scrolls in the radio window a couple of times and then "phone call completed" again, it never connects. I have re-paired the phone, deleted everything and repaired again, still the same thing. The Blackberry is set up correctly, pairing goes just as it shoud, everything seems normal until you either try and make a call or simply get in the truck. I do not have the mirror system I have a little microphone just below the radio. Any ideas??

Old 01-09-2011, 03:38 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the fourth generation Ram section,
FF

Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
2bubbs

Did you happen to update your bb software?? Uconnect only supports certain versions of the bb and iphone software.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Warranty? Maybe the radio is screwed up. Mine works well fortunately.

Of course, I would hate to take my truck to the dealer.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Gary C.
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like the UConnect has a bunch of quirks in that it works great for some phones and totally bugs out for others. I had a problem with mine (using one of the 1st gen Droids) where it paired fine, would connect fine, then would just cut out in the middle of calls. It stayed connected to the calls, but they couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. If I waited long enough the voices would come back. I asked the dealer about it and they admitted there were a bunch of bugs with the UConnect system, but couldn't offer much help. I finally rooted my Droid and the thing works perfectly now...

I know this is of no help to you, I guess my point is you may need to find a compatible phone since it seems like Dodge isn't doing much to upgrade software or deal with the problems on their end. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2011, 12:01 AM
JRI
Professional

Originally Posted by Gary C.
I know this is of no help to you, I guess my point is you may need to find a compatible phone since it seems like Dodge isn't doing much to upgrade software or deal with the problems on their end. Good luck!
Hate to agree but that is what it comes down to.
My dealer said the Uconnect tested OK.
Uconnect was of no help at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 RAM 1500 Uconnect issue