Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Grand Caravan Thermostat Repair Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Cajun20th
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Grand Caravan Thermostat Repair Question

I went to change out the thermostat on my wifes Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L vehicle last week and as I was going to put it back together I noticed that Autozone gave me the wrong gasket. After searching mulitple stores I finally found the correct gasket 5 days later. Now I have all parts needed to reassemble but I cant remember the order everything goes back on. I have a metal plate that came from the disassembly but I don't know if that was part of the original gasket or what. Does this metal plate get thrown away or where does it go in order of the reassembly. I have the repair guide photo attached and it doesn't show the metal plate. Please confirm order

1. Coolant Outlet Connector
2. Gasket
3. Thermostat
4. Intake Manifold

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails 2002 Grand Caravan Thermostat Repair Question-thermostat.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
The mental plate maybe the same as the t-stat gasket.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Cajun20th
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes I do believe it was part of the original thermostat gasket. It was kind of attached to a red rubber gasket. I left out the metal plate and no leaks!!!!!! Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: 2002 Grand Caravan Thermostat Repair Question