Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Floor jack lift points...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 12:45 AM
04GCAnnEd.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor jack lift points...

I have the factory service manual for my 04' GC, and it indicates only two possible lift points when using a floor jack. The two points are the boxed rails under the front of the passenger compartment, and the front leaf spring brackets for the rear. I was wondering what other lift points are safe without doing harm to myself or the van? I notice in some of the service procedures on the rear leafs the manual indicates you can lift on the flat part of the inside of the pinch weld in the rear, but not on the pinch rail itself as is common on other unibody vehicles. What do you use??

Old 02-17-2011, 06:04 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that's what the manual says, then that's all you should use. Goodness knows that the manaul is correct and must be followed to the letter. I wouldn't chance other places to jack on. I heard that on the FJ bodies (like Avenger) if you jack on the front sub frame area (a common jacking point on all other cars) that this frame will crush which can affect alignment.

Quick Reply: Floor jack lift points...