Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Malfunction Indicator Light

Old 03-02-2011, 04:24 PM
gord
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Malfunction Indicator Light

Advice needed!!.My 2005 Dodge SX2.0 driving yesterday the MIL light suddenly came on and the car started idling very roughly.Is there some way I can get the code(dont have the equipment) and is there some way I can cancell the code to see if it comes back, just looking for the easy things before going to the agents.
Any advice.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain

Yes it is easy. Just put your key in the ignition and turn it to on then off rapidly three times. Then turn it back to on and watch your odometer on the instrument panel. Whatever error codes (P####) appear, write them down. Then you can search this forum (or Google) for the meaning of those codes.

To clear error codes, just undo the negative post on your battery for about 1 minute.

Either that, or go to your nearest parts store (NAPA, O'Reilly, Advance, Autozone) and have them use their code reader to do the same thing AND they can clear the codes too.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:30 PM
gord

Thank you for your time got it all sorted out,thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Malfunction Indicator Light