2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tank straps plz help

Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
g2redgsr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tank straps plz help

ive been trying to replace a broken tank strap on my 97 dodge dakota 3.9 v6 reg cab for hours now, it doesnt fit no matter what i do! i had to destroy the old strap just to get it out, i dont see Any way this is going to fit, theres a slot that it has to go in then you turn it, but i cant even get it in the slot let alone turn it, theres nt enough room, i tried moving the tank with a flat bar, still no go, plz help, thanks.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 PM
sonderegger
Rookie

Originally Posted by g2redgsr
ive been trying to replace a broken tank strap on my 97 dodge dakota 3.9 v6 reg cab for hours now, it doesnt fit no matter what i do! i had to destroy the old strap just to get it out, i dont see Any way this is going to fit, theres a slot that it has to go in then you turn it, but i cant even get it in the slot let alone turn it, theres nt enough room, i tried moving the tank with a flat bar, still no go, plz help, thanks.

me and my buddy just did his on his kota and we had to move the tank right over

Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 PM
g2redgsr

its not moving at all, about 1/4 inch...going to try to drop it down a bit and then try it, the one strap is still connected could this be holding it up?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 PM
sonderegger
Rookie

Originally Posted by g2redgsr
its not moving at all, about 1/4 inch...going to try to drop it down a bit and then try it, the one strap is still connected could this be holding it up?

yea we had both sttraps off wen we did it we had to break them off

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tank straps plz help