4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remove Rear Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Der Dummkopf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove Rear Seats

So, I was wondering if anyone know how to remove the rear seats in a quad cab?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:27 AM
oyen24
Professional

should be nothing more than unbolting them from the floor and lifting them out. Thats pretty much what I would have to do in my crew cab any way.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Deuces

Originally Posted by oyen24
should be nothing more than unbolting them from the floor and lifting them out. Thats pretty much what I would have to do in my crew cab any way.
Correct. Did it when I was DD'ing and a guy puked in my truck! From now on I will DD using someone else's vehicle.....

Old 05-20-2011, 04:09 AM
Der Dummkopf
Professional

Thanks. I took a look shortly after I posted this. So does the middle seatbelt stay on the truck? Can I remove it?

Reason I'm taking it off is because it is summer. I don't want to be the designated driver for anything. Now when my friends ask my, "Can you drive?" I will respond, "We don't fit."

I might even throw in some subs now that I will have the space.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:07 AM
oyen24
Professional

If someone puked in my truck, I would make them come down the next day and clean it out. I wouldn't put up with that. Actually I did have that happen in my old truck. My buddy puked out the window, but it didn't all make it out. He came down the next day and cleaned the inside and outside of my truck.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 AM
eclipsems
Professional

Originally Posted by Der Dummkopf
Reason I'm taking it off is because it is summer. I don't want to be the designated driver for anything. Now when my friends ask my, "Can you drive?" I will respond, "We don't fit."
If they're your friends, tell them if they're drunk enough not to drive, you don't want them in your truck.

If not, tell them your not a cab, they can call one though.

I don't understand why men go out of their way so they don't say no to their friends. Man up!

Old 05-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Der Dummkopf
Professional

Originally Posted by eclipsems
I don't understand why men go out of their way so they don't say no to their friends. Man up!
This is a forum of automotive knowledge. This is not a forum of personal philosophy. You're theory of "Manning up" is purely subjective and even sexually elitist. What did your mother always tell you? "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all."

Old 05-21-2011, 07:38 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Der Dummkopf
This is a forum of automotive knowledge. This is not a forum of personal philosophy. You're theory of "Manning up" is purely subjective and even sexually elitist. What did your mother always tell you? "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all."
OK then grow up.

If you don't want people commenting on your personal philosophy then limit your question to the technical issue and leave out the stupid reason you are doing it.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Der Dummkopf
Professional

Originally Posted by oldjeep
OK then grow up.

If you don't want people commenting on your personal philosophy then limit your question to the technical issue and leave out the stupid reason you are doing it.
Relax. No one commented on my personal philosophy. I do not share that information on here.

Quick Reply: Remove Rear Seats