4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Chrysler Service Contract

Old 05-18-2011, 07:00 PM
spoon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Chrysler Service Contract

When I bought a new truck 4 weeks ago I opted for a 5th/100k Added Care Plus contract as well as an 'essential care' package consisting of 6yr/24coupons of oil/filter changes.

Not sure whether these two things are worth the $1500 that the dealer charged for these two packages. For example they onlypay up to $20 per oil/filter change, and there are as always numerous exclusions....

Standard warranty is 3/36 and 5/100 on power train.....

Does anybody have any insights into whether or not this extended warranty is worth the money they are printed on??????

I have another 30 days to cancel and get a 100% refund.....

Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a rip-off to me. When I bought my truck they did the same thing to me and then I read the fine print on the oil changes - I was ticked off. They will charge you something like $69 for synthetic plus all of the disposal fees, etc so after they take off the $20 you'll still pay over $50 out of pocket. All this for the privilege of listening to them tell you all of the other services that are due and you get to drive there and sit around waiting for the truck. I'm not sure that you get any other benefits if you already have the 5/100 power train. You also have extended warranties on the emissions.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:52 PM
dahemi

Check on the Life Time Maximum care

Old 05-19-2011, 06:26 AM
scots2413

Originally Posted by dahemi
Check on the Life Time Maximum care
Max-care warranty is one of the best out there. It covers anything and everything you could think of. I got a 5yr/100k with a 100$ deductible for 1300$. Check out Chryslerwarranties.com. You can pick the warranty you want and the site will give you a price then you can bargain with your dealership.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:14 AM
capsfloyd
Captain

I would check into the max care ... As for as prepaid oil changes , my dealer does it for 16.48 total!!!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 AM
jawsdc
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another site to check for prices on factory extended warranties, many people here have used them:
http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/default.aspx

Old 05-19-2011, 04:18 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Chrysler Service contracts are JUST like health insurance. They bet you won't need it and you bet you will. I bought he lifetime MaxiCare. I have no input on the oil/filter deal other then I have a friend bought one and likes it fine or so he says.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

I picked up my lifetime factory warranty from: http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

It's the very best deal I could find. I did plenty of checking around. Michael Case, from Harold Zeigler Automotive Group, is awesome!

I got the lifetime maximum care 7 years/70,000 miles, with $100 deductible, for $970. My truck had 18,500 miles at the time of the quote.

If you do a quote on the site, wait a day and he sends you a coupon to take another $25 off the price of your quote.

Sil

Old 05-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Huntjunkie41
Professional

I paid for the extended warranty when I bought new. It does cover extras the 3/36 does not. Lose a keyfob and you will be glad you paid extra. I got the interior and paint plan along with it. Its worth it! If I want the synthetic its only 19 extra bucks. I go with the dyno oil. Ill use synthetic after my last coupon is gone.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 AM
spoon
Professional

So I went back to the dealer yesterday with the request either cancel my added care plan or to upgrade it to the Max Care warranty. After a quick phonecall, the dealer agreed to let me have the upgraded 5yr/100k Max Care warranty plan for the same price as the added care. I tried to remove the oil change plan but the dealer would not do so. I guess they figure that if they sell the plan, that there is an incentive for me to go back to the dealership for my oilchanges.....

So this plan now cost me $1000 plus the $500 for the 24oil change coupons but the oil change coupons are worth $500 so I figure that the net actual Max Care plan cost is the $1000. I am happy with this....but like with any warranty, you dont know how happy until you actually have to use it....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrysler Service Contract