Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

power window passenger side not working

Old 07-16-2007, 04:31 PM
adan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window passenger side not working

In my 2002 Dodge Caravan power window stay in closed position, I cannot open it. Passenger side window working OK. Haynes manual - schematic shows separeted fuses for each window as located in junction box under instrument panel. I was not able to find this box and fix problem. May be this manual is not correct. Any help apreciated, thanks.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: power window passenger side not working

hold the switch down and smack on the door panel with some force. If it starts to move u need a regulator and motor assembly

Old 07-16-2007, 06:39 PM
adan

Ithink I need correct orygial factory electrical schematic for power windows system for Dodge caravan SE 2002.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

did u do as i asked or do u just want to mess around with the wires and stuff??

Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Radman
Rookie

adan, Dodge Tech is correct as to what he suggested to do. BTW, it's NO fun to change that
regulator/motor assembly either! Price will make you wish you would have bought the old
crank up windows IF it even can be bought that way.

Good luck...

Old 07-20-2007, 07:40 PM
kh1p3h

Just replaced both regulators for my 97 GC. Around 160$ ea special order from Autozone. You willend up wanting to pull the door panel to check voltages through the switch ifthe problem is not immediately obvious. Odds are the cables are snarled inside the regulator if the window does not want to lower (I've never been able to repair this kind of damage). When the cables or connectors break the window typically drops to the bottom of the rails(If the cable has ripped out of a guide you may be able to repair it) These repairs are not cheap at the dealer or the auto glass places. I approached the repair as a two part process. One afternoon of investigation and one of repair after repair parts had been procured. It was a pain, but you can do it with some patience - I'm no genius.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
kitcat555
Default RE: power windows not working

Sometimes the passenger windows wont work and the driver has to control them.The button is up which allows the passengers to control their own window and still they can not. Nothing else electrical is having problems. Can you tell me what is wrong?

Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
DavidMichael

Pry the switch out of the door panel and wiggle the plug to freshen the connection. it worked for me. Same van, same window, same problem. Fixed!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

All caravans have window regulator problems. dodge tech has it right, take the door panel off and hit the window motor and hold the button down. It don't get any easy than that. If the motor starts working leave it up until you can replace it. And you try prying switches out you could end up replacing a door panel too.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:25 AM
next2pool
Professional

Most of these problems are with the motor and not the regulator. The motor can be replaced without the regulator, but they are a bit pricey. You can find them for about $45 new, or go to a junkyard. Usually the brushes are dirty or worn out. I just opened up my door and pulled the motor housing off the motor/regulator assembly and sprayed it out with brake cleaner--a lot of carbon from worn brushes came out and it now works great. I do think that in the long run I'll need a "new" junk yard motor for $10 out here in AZ.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: power window passenger side not working