Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2013 Viper Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2013 Viper Info

Below is info posted by redriderbob from Allpar.com.

When Dodge showed off the new 2013 Dodge Viper SRT10 in Vegas at the Viper Owners Invitational this past year, they collected everyones cellphones and cameras before the event to make sure nothing got out. While we heard from the dealers that new car is less edgy and more rounded and sculptorous, the ideas of how the new generation Viper have been very quiet. We know the V-10 will return, traction control will be standard, and that the manual transmission will stay. But what we haven't heard is this, the new car will feature complete LED rear taillights as well as headlights. Dodge showed a unique to this generation Viper rear taillight design that stretches across the rear of the car similar to the Charger and Challenger. Dodge did say the car that was shown as just a design concept of the intentions of the production minded model, so design elements could change. The double bubble roofline, will return. Also is word that the next Viper will be filled with audio and technology gadgets. Word is Chrysler is working on a UConnect Touch screen and display similar to that in the Charger and 300C SRT8 models next year. The UConnect Touch will be custom for the Viper, however offer things like performance hot pages, eclipsed times logs, and engine performance data information. The audio system is expected to be near 550 watt system with amplifier. MP3 and iPod connectivity will be available. Expected a special first edition as well, with special paint scheme.

Also to answer about the styling of the car, the side scoops behind the front wheels will be similar to the snap of the 2nd generation GTS Coupe and R/T-10. The top part of the headlights are sculpted rounder shape similar to the new Chrysler 200, while the bottom part is still similar to the SRT10 headlight design. The front end has sharper lines and comes to more of a point while maintaining that signature Viper shape. No more round fog lamp holes in the new front end either. The middle of the hood air scoop stays close to the one on the SRT10 (2003-2006) hood, however the hood adds air exhaust reflectors similar to the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. The grille design is still signature Dodge w/ the new crosshair grills incorporated into that similar Viper grille layout, but slightly in a more aggressive angle. Exhaust still come out the sides of the car under the driver door as well.

The 2013 Dodge Viper will be more sculpted and look less like the side profile was done with a straight edge ruler like SRT10. The air extractors behind the front wheels with resemble the 1st and 2nd generation Viper RT/10 and GTS Coupe models. The front end of the 2013 Dodge Viper will feature the same similar layout of the past and present Viper models, with the headlights being rounded in the similar shape on the top of the them, while the bottom shape is more like the SRT10 models shape. No more round fog light holes in the front end either. The Vipers nose comes to a more sculpted point, while maintaining a similar shape to the SRT10. The new Dodge corporate crosshair makes the lineup on the car, as like I stated before grille layout is similar to the Vipers of yore. Exhaust still exits out from the body work under the doors. The Vipers hood has a ram air scoop similar to the 2003-2006 Viper SRT10 hood, while the new hood features extractors similar to the ones found on the new 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8. Double bubble roofline will return on the Coupe and the roof's sheet metal sit back over the middle of the rear window a few inches. Similar to the rear window on the 2002 Dodge Viper GTS/R Concept car. The hood will still open frontwards like the SRT10 models as well. Full LED exterior lighting will be on the car as well. The third brake light on the coupe models at least will be in the middle of the hatch and be of the new Viper Logo.

As for things I have heard... I don't know much about the interior but supposely they are packing the car with a ton of technology compared to the pervious car. A suppose 12+ speaker system with amplifier cranking out over 550-watts will be standard. Chrysler is also suppose to be working on a special verison of UConnect Touch for the Viper. It will feature items like navigation, performance pages, and live vehicle diagnostics.

Many people have told me the car they had seen in Vegas at the Viper Owners Invitational said that the car they brought forth on stage had a full length LED tail light design similar to the Charger and Challenger. However, I have heard since then and seen since then different. The car will feature more of a look inspired by the Vipers it replaces. But keep in mind the car shown to dealers and to the Viper owners was purely a design study.

Many trim models will enforce the Viper lineup. SRT10, GTS Coupe (name is suppose to return according to statements from Ralph Gilles), Venom, and maybe a few others. A special first edition will be offered in very very limited numbers. It will feature special badging and a special paint scheme as well.

----------------------------------------

New post from Bob, over there:
Yes... it still have the same portion formula as the pervious Vipers. Its similar to how the Charger evolved from 2010 to 2011 then revolution of a complete new car. Does that help?

redriderbob

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 06-12-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:18 PM
DeceptioN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoping they release a picture soon and more engine details. Tempting to trade up, but with all the different rumors and concept cars floating around I'm a bit leary. From my understanding they are attempting to make it more of a luxury car than a race car, and a lot more driver friendly. Hopefully they don't affect the power curve at all. I love having 90% of my power at 1000 rpm.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Well, I can only guess, but I think that there will be a huge difference in the different trims. I'm guessing there will be a luxury type trim, a cheaper trim and a stripped down/racing trim.

----------------------------------------

New post from Bob, over there:
Yes... it still have the same portion formula as the pervious Vipers. Its similar to how the Charger evolved from 2010 to 2011 then revolution of a complete new car. Does that help?

redriderbob

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 06-12-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:32 PM
DeceptioN

Going to take a while to get use to I guess. I like the way it is now. Completely streetable and looks like a normal street car, but when you bring it to the track it performs like a race car.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:04 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Nice/ can't wait to see it

Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I've heard rumor of a Ferrari paddle shifted transmission coming sometime.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:55 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

http://dr-gofast.deviantart.com/art/...2013-207159063

Wow! This sorta matches the description almost scary!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:22 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That definitely has Italian/Alfa styling to it.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:33 AM
trippin_trepid
Amateur

Originally Posted by highrevr/tflea
http://dr-gofast.deviantart.com/art/...2013-207159063

Wow! This sorta matches the description almost scary!
i dont think i could ever get used to that! EW!!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

No way it would ever be that extreme.

Quick Reply: 2013 Viper Info