Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

98 Plymouth Breeze problems??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 AM
spiker89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Plymouth Breeze problems??????

ok so i bought this car about 2 weeks ago and it is the very base model im not sure what engine is in it but i know that it is a 4 cyl.

the car feels likethe rpms are going like hell but the cars guage goes up like normal and the steering is all weird like the power steering is low but its not there was a vacume line that had a hloe in it behind the front bumper hooked to a box and pump looking thig but the hole looked like it was supose to be there can anyone help with this i love the car but i want to make sure that it is ruing properly there is only 121xxx miles on her.
please and thank you

Old 06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
You most likely have a vacuum leak. Check all your hoses for connections. You may have either a 2.0 or 2.4Liter engine. Also ck the throttle blade to see if it stuck open.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:18 PM
spiker89

ok soo what and where is the throtle blade and do these cars have a history of burning oil or leaking oil.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 AM
classicfan1
Rookie

Any old car is going to leak sometime. It's like us getting liver spots and gray hair! LOL!

Are there any trouble lights on the dash on? If so, take it to a shop and have them read the codes.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:01 PM
spiker89

ok but i have a reader but no codes have been comeing up, so im kinda stumper, have you taken the front bumper off a stratus, or breeze before there is a black vacuum box with oses coming out of it and then there is a pump looking thing that it is hooked to and the hoses go into from that, there is a vacuum elbow that has a hole in it could that be stock or does that line need to be completly sealed??? i can hear air coming through it and a lot soo im not sure sorry for writting soo much

Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM
BillS
Captain

heres basic instructions for bumper removal for a sedan
  1. Remove fasteners attaching fascia to front splash shields
  2. Hoist and support vehicle on safety stands. Refer to Vehicle Lifting, for proper hoisting and jacking procedures.
  3. Remove inner wheelhouse front wheel house splash shield as necessary to access nut attaching fascia wings to fender.
  4. Remove fasteners attaching top of fascia to upper crossmember.
  5. Remove fasteners attaching bottom of fascia to radiator closure panel and to brake ducts.
  6. Remove screws attaching fascia to front fenders.
  7. Slide fascia forward to disengage hooks attaching fascia to bottom of fender.
  8. Remove fascia from vehicle.
  9. Disengage fog lamp wire connector from body harness, if equipped
do you have cruise control that could be what box is mine is on left side below headlights ,i would try covering hole with tape or finger and see how it runs

Quick Reply: 98 Plymouth Breeze problems??????