Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

DodgeForum.com joins Dodge at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DodgeForum.com joins Dodge at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

For those of you who dont know, I was invited to represent DodgeForum and join a group of brand managers from the Dodge brand for a trip from the Chrysler HQ in Auburn Hills to the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in beautiful Carlisle PA. Dodge is relaunching the site formerly known as "red letter dodge" as the new RedLineDodge.com (click here for a look at the official Dodge blog). You can also check out RedLineDodge.com for more coverage from the 2011 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals!

To help promote RedLineDodge.com, Dodge has a tent at the Chryslers at Carlisle with various swag like decals and posters along with a spread of five current Dodge models to not only draw people into the display to learn about RedLineDodge.com but to also give the nations biggest meeting of Mopar enthusiasts a chance to get up close and personal with these awesome new models.

My job on this trip (other than bringing those of you who cannot make it Carlisle a look at the massive event) was to assist in getting the five vehicles from Detroit to Carlisle so over the course of the 8 hour drive from Michigan to Pennsylvania I rotated between the five vehicles. The models that we brought down are shown below...including the Challenger SRT8 392, the Charger R/T, the Avenger R/T, the Durango R/T and the Grand Caravan R/T - otherwise known as the Man Van. I am, by the way, the only person in the group NOT employed by Chrysler on this trip. For those wondering, I drove the Durango R/T during our first leg of the trip, followed by the Avenger R/T during the second leg and the Charger R/T during the final stretch into Carlisle - with more about those coming once Im back in Detroit. I spent much of the day and night Friday driving the SRT8 392 - which is an incredible drive.

During our drive across the Ohio and PA turnpike, we saw tons of gorgeous Mopars headed to Carlisle and during a stop in Ohio we were changing cars while we were snapping a couple shots of the cars a few sweet late model Dodges rolled in, including two great-sounded SRT4 Neons and a wicked procharged Charger SRT8. We had a chance to talk to these Mopar lovers while they checked out our cars and vice versa. e entire time driving these new Dod

Great use of painters tape to protect from stone chips:

Once we got into Carlisle, Cumberland Valley Motors hosted a huge Mopar car show and they had a section right up front reserved for our group and vehicles. Again, giving spectators a chance to sit in and look at these five models while my small group enjoyed the car show.

A few shots from the CVM show on Thursday night:

A gorgeous 70 Roadrunner with stock Mirada wheels!

With rain threatening, the show wrapped up shortly before dark and our group headed to the hotel for dinner and some much needed rest before heading to the Carlisle Fairgrounds early Friday morning for the start of the event. Click here for a look at the rest of the gallery from Day 1 of my adventure to Carlisle and check out RedLineDodge.com for their coverage of the event thus far!

Last edited by BadStratRT; 07-08-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

Day two of our trip was the first day for the 2011 Chrysler Carlisle Nationals and after getting into the grounds and arriving at our large tent, we manuevered the vehicles to make for a nice display for the fans. Attendees had a chance to get in and really get a good look at the Challenger, Charger, Avenger, Durango and Grand Caravan..as well as scoring some swag like Dodge posters and decals.

Notice the unfortunate amount of moisture on the ground in this one:

Unfortunately, as I pointed out in the first image it was a very wet day....very, very wet. The rain came down and it came down hard -with only brief periods of no rain on and off during the day. This picture shows pretty much what it looked like for the majority of the day:

However, before the weather soured I was able to walk a small portion of the grounds and got to look at a very small group of vehicles before the rain had everyone covering up their cars and headed for the tents. Coincidentally, the area I headed to first had the Miradas and Demons - go figure.

This Demon had a 426 Hemi jammed under the hood...

Im not really sure what was going on with this 2G Ram...but to each his own, right?

You can click here to check out my rain-shortened gallery of our first day at the 2011 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals (its a different gallery than the one in the first post above). There are lots more pictures of some great Mopar vehicles and with sunny skies expected for the next two days - those of you who cant make it to the show should check back with this thread for my ongoing coverage of the event...including lots more pictures! Also, the new RedLineDodge.com will continue covering the event with more images and information from the 2011 Chryslers at Carlisle event!

The next two days will also include a burnout competition and a bikini contest - both of which should make for some great pictures.

Last edited by BadStratRT; 07-08-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dodge's new lineup looks pretty good.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:39 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes I know, I get to play with them every day.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That's a rare dually Superbird

It's a shame that it had to rain like that.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always wondered if Dodge would ever make an R/T version of the Grand Caravan, how does it differ from a normal GC? Any power or atleast different exhaust or is it all just cosmetic?

Old 07-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It has best in class horsepower with 283, using the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:19 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

The grand caravan rt has a stock engine but it has tuned suspension, dfferent wheels and tires, and an all blacked interior with red stitching.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

So, Ive cut through a fraction of my pictures from the sunny days from the event and Ive gotten the another gallery of 60 images up.

A few examples:

Click here to check out gallery part 3 of my trip with the folks from Dodge for the relaunch of RedLineDodge.com!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DodgeForum.com joins Dodge at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals