Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

The 2012 SRT's are B - A - D!

Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 PM
DodgeForum Editor
DF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 2012 SRT's are B - A - D!

Check out BadStratRT's homepage article about the 2012 SRT lineup. All these rides will drop your jaw, but if all four were there for the taking, and all you had to do was choose, which SRT would you take and why?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

The GC so I could still drive the mile and a half dirt road to my house. I really like the new style of the GC, but would rather have an SRT Durango.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:55 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

the jeep! Nothin like stickin it to the Cayenne S

Old 08-12-2011, 04:18 AM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

The Challenger is the best all-around choice. A hi-po car by definition should be a coupe, which means the Chally looks the part. Having all this performance and style come at a (by comparison) reasonable cost just helps sell it on value alone.

The GC is a close 2nd since it offers utility along with the style and performance. Jeep already dominates offroad, so why not on it as well?

The Charger and 300 FAIL. Sorry but 4-door sedans are for yuppies, old people, or those who simply arent car people. Either come up with coupe versons of these or go home. The sedan buyers are going for toyotas, mercedes or hyundais, they sure as hell dont care about performance.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by grungerockjeeper
The Challenger is the best all-around choice. A hi-po car by definition should be a coupe, which means the Chally looks the part. Having all this performance and style come at a (by comparison) reasonable cost just helps sell it on value alone.

The GC is a close 2nd since it offers utility along with the style and performance. Jeep already dominates offroad, so why not on it as well?

The Charger and 300 FAIL. Sorry but 4-door sedans are for yuppies, old people, or those who simply arent car people. Either come up with coupe versons of these or go home. The sedan buyers are going for toyotas, mercedes or hyundais, they sure as hell dont care about performance.
Sedans aren't for "car people"? Mkay.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:26 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

4-door sedans serve no unique purpose, and cater to those who settle for mediocrity. Taste in appearance is a matter of opinion, but lets face it, sedans look clunky and awkward compared to a comparable 2-door version of the same car. Who WOULDNT want something that looks cleaner, sleeker, and more muscular? For all out performance, a coupe, roadster, or hatch is ideal due to the proportions, chassis rigidity, and lower weight. If utility is what youre after, then a 5-door or a wagon is a MUCH better choice since you have a hell of a lot more room and a much more flexible layout. So even if you boil it down to straight up pros and cons, the sedan bodystyle is a complete loser and doesnt off any advantage. There's a better choice no matter what your priority is.

The sedan bodystyle is only popular for one reason: Mediocrity is all that most people can handle. Budweiser isnt a great beer, Nickelback isnt a great band, and the toyota camry isnt a great car, but the average person doesnt know any better and doesnt demand greatness. A true enthusiast wouldnt settle for some half-assed compromise. Personally, I think its pretty sad that a vehicle is generally your 2nd largest investment and people settle for so little. After busting my *** for the man 8 hours a day or more, driving what I want is my reward, my motivation. The prize had damn well better be something good.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Akizzle

Originally Posted by grungerockjeeper
4-door sedans serve no unique purpose, and cater to those who settle for mediocrity. Taste in appearance is a matter of opinion, but lets face it, sedans look clunky and awkward compared to a comparable 2-door version of the same car. Who WOULDNT want something that looks cleaner, sleeker, and more muscular? For all out performance, a coupe, roadster, or hatch is ideal due to the proportions, chassis rigidity, and lower weight. If utility is what youre after, then a 5-door or a wagon is a MUCH better choice since you have a hell of a lot more room and a much more flexible layout. So even if you boil it down to straight up pros and cons, the sedan bodystyle is a complete loser and doesnt off any advantage. There's a better choice no matter what your priority is.

The sedan bodystyle is only popular for one reason: Mediocrity is all that most people can handle. Budweiser isnt a great beer, Nickelback isnt a great band, and the toyota camry isnt a great car, but the average person doesnt know any better and doesnt demand greatness. A true enthusiast wouldnt settle for some half-assed compromise. Personally, I think its pretty sad that a vehicle is generally your 2nd largest investment and people settle for so little. After busting my *** for the man 8 hours a day or more, driving what I want is my reward, my motivation. The prize had damn well better be something good.
I would take the Challenger hands down, and JC to carry the kids!

Wow never see anybody talk about 4 doors like its the worse invention since pet rocks lol...I will agree with you to some aspect. I agree a true sports car is a two seater, but a four door are for those tall people who can't fit in a two door or hates getting knee'd in the back all the damn time. I hate people who get two doors and they barely fit in it because they too think four doors just don't look as good, and instead they look ridiculous like a fat girl wearing a belly shirt lol. Everyone is entitled to whatever they desire to drive and afford, but lets be honest there are true car enthusiast who like four doors because they have kids now or just like the extra room, but don't want to compromise on performance or station wagons that look like space shuttles because the design is just not tasteful. I can understand if you talking track cars, but these are daily driven cars that see high mileage, stop and go driving, and everything life throws at it. If your driving a two door might as well not have a back seat because most of the time people back there don't fit especially if your friends are over six feet. At the end of the day, everybody has there budget to achieve, mouth to feed, insurance to pay, and life essentials escalates once you add a wife to that :-)! I don't think people want to compromise on the car their driving, just on the family they plan on having. If you don't have a family, kids, bills, or trust fund the reality is that none of this matter. Though its the 2nd largest investment outside of a purchasing a home, its also the largest asset that loses the most amount of value!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

those new chargers wow me everytime i see them. four doors can be sporty and sexy, too.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:29 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Neon SRT-4, BMW M3 M5, Mercedes C43 AMG, Spirit R/T Turbo, 94-96 Impala SS. Nope no real enthusiast would be caught in any of those worthless, uninspired 4 doors...rolls eyes thinking of all the gold chain wearing Disco Dans in their 85 Camaros.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:44 AM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Originally Posted by mantisman51
Neon SRT-4, BMW M3 M5, Mercedes C43 AMG, Spirit R/T Turbo, 94-96 Impala SS. Nope no real enthusiast would be caught in any of those worthless, uninspired 4 doors...rolls eyes thinking of all the gold chain wearing Disco Dans in their 85 Camaros.
Thanks, you just set up my argument perfectly: Every last one of those cars has a 2-door or 5-door/wagon variant thats closely related and therefore is a MUCH better choice. Some even have both as options. Someone with enthusiast leanings might choose one of those cars, but in my opinion it'd be a poorly thought out choice prioritizing the everyday transportation/family duties first.

If you have to have a family friendly ride, Im not knocking that for a second. Im saying that the sedan bodystyle is a **** poor choice since a similar wagon or 5-door offers SO much more. I think they LOOK cool too, but thats a matter of taste. Its a matter of FACT that when my buddy took his "midsize" Camry to Ikea and bought a queen matress/boxspring, lamp, 2 end tables, a book case, and a bedframe he could barely fit 1 end table and the lamp in his car. My compact GT Cruiser with seats removed hauled the rest with room to spare.

In case youre wondering why Id pick a PT Cruiser as a car, its because I already have a lifted Jeep which isnt the greatest roadtrip vehicle and its insane on gas. I wanted a second vehicle that would still be fun and offer some day to day practicality. I realized that the SRT-4 was only a sedan and that the PT GT has the same engine and an even better manual tranny. Not only does it perform almost as good as the SRT and look cool (I like the retro streetrod look) but its actually useful for doing things. The SRT-4 looks like crap to me (rental car sedan with ricer body mods) but it offers no utility at all. If there were a coupe version then that wouldve been my car. Ill sacrifice utility for style, but not the other way around.

Bottom line is, a 4 door sedan (with a traditional trunk) offers none of the clear advantages you would get with a coupe or a wagon/hatch but manages to get saddled with all of the DISadvantages: Lack of cargo space, combined with a longer, heavier body, and having 4 openings in that body means less rigidity. If all youre after is 'good enough' well then more power to you. I demand more for my hard earned dollar than some bean counter's half assed attempt at broadening the appeal of a pedestrian vehicle designed for the masses.

Youre right about the Danny Disco's in their Camaros...but Ill see youre Jersey Shore rejects and raise you a whole heap of popped collar pink polo shirt/sideways hat wearing D-bags out cruising in the Evos and STIs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The 2012 SRT's are B - A - D!