Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

What will the new CAFE numbers mean for Dodge/Ram?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:31 PM
DodgeForum Editor
DF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What will the new CAFE numbers mean for Dodge/Ram?

Check out BadStratRT's analysis of what the new CAFE numbers mean for Dodge/Ram. Are you still fearful of the future of your V8?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Here's another reason V8's and trucks won't go away anytime soon: electric vehicles. When Chrysler starts selling them, it will have a bunch of 0 mpg cars and if everything else averages 30+, then even the 56 mpg average is fairly easy to make. I think the EPA went too far. I think 44 mpg would have been better and more realistic, but I am still not too worried about losing good cars. The future of commuters is electric, but V8 cars and trucks aren't going to disappear. Even now, a gas guzzler like the Bugatti Veyron, the gas guzzler tax is less than 2% of it's sales price. Worse case scenario is people pay a couple hundred bucks tax for lesser performing cars. It's not American, or free enterprise, but it isn't the end of the world for car guys either.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:58 PM
#DodgeFan#
Amateur

so did you purposefully include Pres Obama's middle name to try to invoke some type of connection between him and Saddam? why not just say President Obama? we all know what his name is. would you have typed President George Herbert Walker Bush? doubt it

Old 09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodge Forum is always good for a little bit of east vs west amusement.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Bush was known by his middle name too. Commonly called "Dubya". What's your point???

Old 09-06-2011, 11:12 PM
#DodgeFan#
Amateur

my point is that when people actually use his middle name it is usually to bring up feelings of hate. im not saying that was the authors intent, but it is rare that you see his full name in the media, just wanted to know why this author used it here
and yeah he was known as dubya...he was also known as a dumb@$$

Old 09-06-2011, 11:43 PM
hemidart
Unhappy Chrysler

I sure want to put in my 50 cents worth. Like the Obama joke--I call him Obama Bin Laddin--he rubs the people for magic amounts of money. +++++++Chrysler--NOT happy with the way they have gone over the years. WHY get rid of popular, proven tough cars?--such as the Dodge Dart, Monaco,-- The Smaller '80's Charger, Omni, K-cars, Daytona's--then the Intrepid/Concorde & probably a couple more? Why can't they keep a certain brand year in & out like the Chev. Impala or Ford Rustang? --This stinks. Who wants a Crossfire or Prowler that stays around a couple years--then disappears? Also continue with turbo technology--these are great horsepower makers with economy 4 cylinders--but also incorporate them in the sixes, & v-8's. Also--a word synonomous with Chrysler--TANKS. Fine, to have a big ram truck--but also have a smaller, lighter version with light metals--AND normal size rims (16"). Why do they have to follow "the leader"-whoever that may be? Case in point: The Rustang--big engine--7-800 lbs. lighter than the Challenger designed to beat it. Camaro 4-500 lbs. lighter. Who's going to be faster? Of course the Hemi is fastest--but it's hauling a lot of unneeded weight--with ridiculous 19" rims--which means bigger brakes--which means beefier suspension, --plus a bunch of other unneeded weight items--therefore it's a slower car because of the weight problem which also causes loss of fuel mileage,& more parts wear. Viper--way overpriced--most buy cheaper Corvette junk. Put smaller wheels on it--throw in a hemi as an option also. USE YOUR BRAINS Chrysler designers. Keep each model nearly the same for 5 years--then change style. Use some of Fiat's brains also for weight reduction. Good night!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:35 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

OK Hemidart, I got the gist of what you are going for and have to say that maybe lean up on the writing. It looks like my 73 International dump truck when I had the carb WAYYY to rich. I loved my 81 New Yorker 5th Ave(the big one not the Diplomat). But I got a whopping 20 mpg on the highway and around 13 mpg city. It had a smooth, cloud-like ride, which means it handled like a plush tank. Cars today are better in every way. If you want light, Ram makes a commercial version that strips a lot of the sound deadening and plush carpet and you get a basic truck just like the good ol' days + world class safety items like reinforced cabin and airbags. My 65 Dodge Coronet 440(model not engine) was a fantastic car, but if you asked me if I wanted that or a new Charger, I'd take the Charger(although if you put a Charger up against my brothers 69 Polara convertible-Polara all the way). I think we tend to get sentimental and remember the cars of yesterday for what that time in our lives mean more than what the cars actually were. Chrysler is about the only car company out there that is keeping the spirit of their past alive, while making totally modern and desirable cars that people want to buy. I can live with that kind of change.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 PM
hemidart
Default waaaaaa

Possibly you were referring to yourself????????

Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's my clear, concise and more or less correct punctuation and grammar. But it's a free forum and I'm glad you're here and contributing to the conversation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What will the new CAFE numbers mean for Dodge/Ram?