Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Caravan SXT power door lock problem

Old 04-19-2007, 07:42 AM
rescuer135
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Caravan SXT power door lock problem

The power door locks on our 2005 Caravan SXT are giving me problems. After driving one day, all of a sudden the driver's door lock button would not work, but the passenger button would. Next day, neither would work. The keychain remote will arm/disarm, but will not activate locks either. However, the lock buttons will lock/unlock liftgate only. Body control module was replaced 1 yr ago. Could this cause the problem?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: 2005 Caravan SXT power door lock problem

there is a flash for the BCM go see the dealer.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 PM
arpenn

I have had the exact same problem you are describing. We bought this van 5 months ago and have been dealing with all kinds of issues ever since. This was a Dodge Certified Pre Owned with only 22,000 miles on it. Our 1997 Grand Caravan was more reliable than this van has been. We have had the body control module flashed2 times. Then 3 weeks ago they replaced the body control module. Last night the locks died again. Both door switches are dead and the remote locks don't work either. We also had to have the sway bar bushings replaced @ 25,000 miles because of the clunk in the front end. The A/C has a leak somewhere that they can't seem to find because it was low enough on freon that the compressor wouldn't kick on, And it has had the recall done. The right rear door had a terible rattle in it and they finally fixed that after 3 trips back to the dealer. We had a leak in with the sunroof which they did fix. All of this in just 5 months. Yes its under warranty but I can't tell you how many hours we have wasted taking this to the dealer which is 30 miles away. We like the features of the van but the reliability is crap, no wonder Dodge is having problems selling cars. If someone knows of a fix for the power locks please let us know.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:23 PM
arpenn

Talked with the dealer again about the power lock problem he said it is a static electricity problem, but they don't have a fix for it yet. The last time ours quit they had us unhook the battery for 15min. and that did reset the locks and they are working again. I will let you know if I findout anything else from the dealer.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
eksharp8
Default power door lock problems

i am having the power door lock problem with my 2005 grand caravan, any updates to this problem? thanks...

Old 09-13-2011, 11:07 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
There is a update to flash the front control module. But until you get the flash done, remove the IOD fuse from the PDC for few mins. And then push the fuse back in.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:12 PM
eksharp8

Thank you master, what should i tell the dealer when i take the van in, (i have been removing the fuse for about 9 months now, when i do the fix only lasts a few days)....thanks again

Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Tell them, you believe there is a flash update for the door lock problem.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
edlacheta
Default 2005 Dodge Caravan door locks intermittent quit

Hey Folks: I have researched this issue since buying my 2005 Caravan in 2006. Here's the fix that I have found that works. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the negative battery post for more than one hour. This has permanently reset the computer in my 2005 minivan! Previous blog/forum recommendations spoke of 20-30 minutes; yet, the fix was only temporary. More than an hour seems to refresh the computer permanently and the problem still remains fixed now x about 3 months. Ed L.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 PM
eksharp8

Thanks edl i will try that.

MASTER TECH, i called my local dealer and they knew nothing about a flash update

Eksharp8

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Caravan SXT power door lock problem