3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Vibration

Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 PM
miller2josh
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Vibration

hey guys. got a question for ya. i just purchased an 06 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi. driving the past few days, ive noticed a slight vibration. cant quite tell where its coming from. feels as if its in the floor boards of the truck. maybe slightly to the passenger side. anyways. its slight. and kinda fast feeling. n within 10 seconds, itll vibrate.. go away.. vibrate.. go away. its like its rotational possibly. havent really got to check it out good. but its got warranty thru the local dealer i got it from. its goin back tomorrow for a light out that backlights the blower motor ****, heat ****, and postion ****. so im gonna have them look at it too. but what do u guys think? could possibly b tires. havent looked at them very close. but it dont feel quite like a tire shake. more like a driveline shake. like a drive shaft vibration when a ujoint gets tight(havent checked that yet either) any ideas. you guys r the best. so thats y im here.
Thanks!!!

Josh

P.S. i have done a few searches and havent found anything quite like mine. similar.. but not like a fast slight vibration like i have. thanks again!

Last edited by miller2josh; 10-13-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Xler8er
Rookie

Check to see if your parking brake is bound up.you have a rotor rear brake but the parking brake is inside the rotor and its a drum brake in the casting.jack up the rear put in neutral and try to rotate your rear tires..5 minute check.
Been down that road.I see on your p.s. I had the same symptoms.mine was between 30-40 mph and it was like a slight harmonic vibration just enough to get on your nerve.
hope all helps

Old 10-14-2011, 11:04 AM
China

I also have vibration problems but only if it exceeds 140 km/h (86mph) up, I hear a muffled sound and vibrations to the back .. is this normal?
Thanks Pier

Old 10-14-2011, 11:27 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

No vibrations are "normal" but unfortunately are very common and probably the toughest thing to diagnose since ANY wheel/brake/suspension/driveline component can be the culprit.

I'd start by lifting the truck and pulling on the wheels to check hubs, tie rod ends, ball joints, etc. But it could be simply alignment, tire balance, drive shaft balance, warped caliper or a combination of things...

Old 10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
miller2josh
Amateur

well guys. jsut a follow up. i finally got a chance to look at it this weekend. i finally drove itfor a good amount of time friday nite. and it felt more in the seat than anything. like it was coming from the back. i took it into where i work sat. was able to balace all 4 tires. fronts were good. rears way outta wack. rebalanced the rears. everythings nice and smooth now. just wanted to let everyone know. and to thank EVERYONE for the help. THANKS GUYS!!

Josh

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Vibration