2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Durango leather seat swap.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:49 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Durango leather seat swap.

Ok so I know there is a millions threads on this already. Im going to start a new one anyway(i've been through 10 with and still dont have my answer). I found charcoal leather power seats from a 03 durango. I was told the driver side is a little worn but they will take 150 for the pair. Im going to look at them tomorrow. Now I know they wont bolt right up to the rear holes. That means I have to either make a bracket(not a big deal) or swap in my current seat brackets. Only thing stopping me is I still need them to tilt forward to gain access to my rear seats. So swapping in my brackets should still allow that correct? If I can swap in my old brackets and not have any problems I will prob jump on getting these seats, if they are in pretty good condition.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can swap seat brackets but that's not going to give you any more 'tilt to the front' with the seats as that feature is in the seat and not the bracket. Even after sliding the seats forward as much as possible you're still going to end up with limited access to the back seat in your CC. Just the price you have to pay for installing Durango seats in a CC Dakota.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It amazes me what a little sleep can do lol. I thought of this when I woke up this morning lol. Well anyway its not like I have people sitting back there all the time its just the rare person here and there. Just wondering now how far forward the seat does go. Of coarse if I do this then I can say sorry I can only take 1 person since no one can get in the back lol. Im going to look at those seats at 2 today ill see what they are like if I can talk them down to 100 or so ill get them.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u gotta also think about how u have ur seat positioned at all times, cause everyone knows that the perfect upright position the seats always go back to is way uncomfortable, and the lever for the seat back adjust isn't on the leather seats is it? i thought all the leather vehicles had power adjust?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:46 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to check the seat height also. I've heard some guys that have made the change say the Durango seats set 3-4" higher than the Dakota seats.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durango leather seat swap.