Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:11 AM
jcs11236
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!

hey guys.. i need all your help.. i have a 2005 dodge magnum se which i love.. the only problem is the my esp/bas light keeps coming on in my dash.it comes on and goes if i were to restart the car.. lately it has been constantly on all the time.. i took it to the dealer and they are telling me that it has to do with my 20 inch rims on my magnum.. is this possible?? does anyone elses esp/bas light come on because of there rims? i am a lil worried because im not sure what exactly this esp/bas light means? is it that might brakes might fail or something?? i need help.. what do you guys suggest i do?? please someone help me!! i tried what the manual says- turning the wheel left and right but that didnt help..

Old 10-12-2006, 01:58 PM
HemiNuts
Professional
Default RE: ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!

I have an 06 R/T and have the same problem ocassionally. It happens to me if I sit at a light too long or like sitting in the teller line at the bank. You can reset it and it should stop coming on. While your car is running, in park, turn your wheel completely to the right then completely to the left. Bring the wheels back to center or (straight), then turn off your car. After restarting the car the light should stay off. If you get spinning of the rear wheels, like in rain, the light will come on. Also if there is a problem with your break system, it will come on. The dealer needs to check the code to determine the problem. I have the stock rims, so they are full of crap about your rims.
On my next visit to the dealer I am having mine checked. I have had it come on three times in the past year, so I don't think it's anything really bad, I HOPE!

Old 10-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Magmania
Veteran
Default RE: ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!

I have been running on 20" rims for a long time now. I had this problem once and it was only after I had the Eibach Prokit springs installed. I had been running on my 20's for quite sometime before that and never had the indicator light come on.

As quickly as the problem came (the very next day after the springs) it then went away a day later. At that point I did nothing other than park it and later drive it.
Have'nt had the problem since that initial time and it's been 25,000-30,000 miles. Very weird I guess.

If the dealer checks the error code and is still undetermined of the problem, maybe just give it some time and it may just go away (there's really no peace of mind in that i know).
Good Luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Magnumaniac

I am getting the same problem with the esp bas thing. I just took off my 20's last week and put on the stock rims with snow tires (I'm in Canada). My problem is that these codes have disabled my cruise control as well.

As for fuel consumption, does anyone know a way to get more than 15 mpg out of this baby?

Old 07-09-2010, 04:04 PM
mafia

I just started having the ESP/BAS light stay on. My battery died and after fixing that and starting the car, I now have the ESP/BAS light stay on. Maybe it is just a coincidence. I will try the wheel turning procedure and see what happens. 15 mpg sucks. I get 20 on the freeway when the specs are 24 (R/T AWD) and I thought that was bad.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
cpmgrp
Default Similar problems with warning lights/FM radio & cruise

ESP, BAS and ABS lights are always on, cruise control is intermittent (mostly not working) gas gauge is intermittent - although I may have fixed that by doing the on/off with odometer pushed - also "brake" light is intermittent but goes off if I pull the parking brake lever. AM radio is fine, but FM is very staticky, signal is barely audible under the static as if the antenna is disconnected. I understand it's possible I have a brake problem (sometimes the front brakes are noisy/rumbly), but since this stuff is also dash-warning related there is also a possibility that the warning system is kablooey. I have also tried turning the wheel all the way rt/lft as suggested in another post. All this happened within a month of paying it off in Dec (wouldn't you know it). Car is equipped with front/rear batteries - I don't recall having a problem or disconnecting either, though I have jump started a couple of friends. Wheels/tires are stock. Any thoughts appreciated from this new member.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Magnumaniac
Default Those blasted codes and lights!

As it turned out, there was corrosion in the connector to the computer. Got that replaced and all has been fine ever since. Totally in love with my Magnum!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM
cpmgrp
Default Where's connector?

Can you please describe where the connector is located so that I might check it out - sounds like the same problem. Tnx!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
elmotinker19

where is the connector located i have same prob and wanna check it

Old 08-12-2010, 03:51 PM
elmotinker19

i us 89 octane gas and average 21-24 mpg with the 3.5lt v-6

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!